Sign in to follow this  
fiorelli

Had a fright with Louis this morning.

The heavens had opened, and on the way home from taking younger 2 to school, Louis slipped off the kerb, and went down with a great big thud. I thought he had cracked his head at first as it was so loud.

He got up crying (VERY unusual as he doesn't usually react when he falls over, just gets up, dusts himself of and gets on with what he was doing) Checked him over, his head was fine, and so was his knees, but he had the most amazing graze and bruise appeaing on his wrist. I was worried that he had broken it as he was crying so much.

Doctors surgery was litterally a minutes walk away, so we went in there, and asked if they had any appointments this morning. Explained what happened. They said they could fit us in right then!

Nurse took a look and couldn't feel anything wrong. But as soon as I said that he has Aspergers and hypermobility, she called in the Doctor to have a look because she wanted him to check that she was right in what she was telling me.

The Doctor was REALLY good with him and made him laugh. Doctor also doesn't think anything is too wrong, but told me to take him straight back if I was worried.

He has just bruised it and now has a lovely swelling appearing on the back of his wrist.

I read your title as "had a FIGHT with Louis" :o so glad I got it wrong and glad louis is ok.

Viper.

Aww poor lil man!! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Hope he's better soon.

T has had 2 big injuries that you'd never have known about had I not knew he has a very high pain threshold. He put a hole (the size of a 5p) in his forehead at 4yrs of age after a bad fall and impacting on the corner of an external boundary wall that resulted in surgery to elivate the fracture (bones of his skull were caved in) and the second was he fell and cried and then i knew something bad was done. Took him to the doctors to check him out and the doc was brilliant with him when i explained his poss ASD (since been dx) and high pain threshold. Told me to take him to A&E and they discovered he'd broken his finger. Would never have suspected it had I not known my son so well! :)

Always go with your instincts and you will never go far wrong!! >:D<<'>

Edited by Tylers-mum

Hi hun,

Pleased to hear L's ok - your GP sounds fantastic B)

We have it the opposite way around here - ds broke his ankle at 18 months - didn't cry! Yet when he taps his knee - you'd have though we were murdering him :blink::blink:

Pleased he's ok >:D<<'>

The last thing i want to do is worry you but in may Tori broke her wrist at school.It happened at lunchtime .She spent all afternnon in school no-one rang me.When i collected here two hours latter she was pale and crying her hand was bent under it was not to swollen.I took her to A&E because she was shivering and it was a hot day Tori had broken her arm.

keep a very close eye as if it is broken you dont want it to set badly.

I hope he is Ok.Give him big hugs from me.

Hi hun,

Pleased to hear L's ok - your GP sounds fantastic B)

We have it the opposite way around here - ds broke his ankle at 18 months - didn't cry! Yet when he taps his knee - you'd have though we were murdering him :blink::blink:

Pleased he's ok >:D<<'>

Mary, Louis is exactly the same. I've had him cut his hand open with a kitchen knife before now and only known when I went to find him as he was so quiet!

But this time he really cried, tears and all. Not right. I really thought he had seriously hurt himself, especially when I heard the crack as he landed!

The last thing i want to do is worry you but in may Tori broke her wrist at school.It happened at lunchtime .She spent all afternnon in school no-one rang me.When i collected here two hours latter she was pale and crying her hand was bent under it was not to swollen.I took her to A&E because she was shivering and it was a hot day Tori had broken her arm.

keep a very close eye as if it is broken you dont want it to set badly.

I hope he is Ok.Give him big hugs from me.

I don't think it is broken, both the nurse and the doctor had a good feel and move of his hand and wrist, and both said that they didn't think it was broken. Although both said if I was concerned to take him back.

He is with his father from tonight for the weekend, so I will get him to keep a close eye on it.

Edited by fiorelli

My son can react differently to pain. Sometimes he can be in a lot of pain and not show it, other times you barely touch him and he cries. And sometimes he even reacts normally, just that I am not sure which one it is....

Anyway, regarding that warning that broken bones can set wrongly and maim for life, my son broke his arm on Tuesday, and when we went to the hospital for a normal apointment on Thursday they admitted him straight away as it had broken at too big an angle and needed an opperation to avoid permanent damage to his hand. The whole thing was a bit of a nightmare, BUT better done now than having a longterm problem; he's got enough of those and I cetainly don't want to add to that!

I personally feel that it is better to make sure and have any injuries that could have lasting effects checked out properly. I myself walked on on a broken leg once (by the time I went to the doctor 4 weeks later he said it was no use xraying it and plastering it) and now still suffer from some (minor) restrictions to my foot (too minor to bother going through the whole prcedure for, and anyway, who would look after my kids?)