Sign in to follow this  
ceecee

Imagination

This came up briefly in another thread so thought I would start a new thread on it.

I have read and heard of cases that someone can't get a diagnosis of Aspergers because they have imagination.

But I have also read that people with Aspergers can and do have plenty of imagination so much so they have difficulty distingusishing between what is theur imagination and what is reality,

I thought the problems they have with imagination is the ability to imagine what someone else might be feeling. :unsure:

Any thoughts comments on this one would be appreciated.

My son has Aspergers syndrome and he has imaginative play and imagination.

He didnt always though.When he was younger all he did was line cars up,spin wheels ect.But gradually as he got older hes now 11 he started pretending to crash cars,say brum brum ect.he also puts voices to his teddy bears and sometimes when we cant communicate with our son direct we talk via the teddy bear and hell answer in the 3 person.

So yes i beleive people with Aspergers synsdrome can be imaginative and they can also show concern and love for others.My son always comes over to me if i appear upset and gives me a big hug and says i love you mummy.

Boy does that feal good because he used to not be able to tolarate me touching his hand.They learn to adapt i think.

my lad (17, AS) has a great imagination, always imagining our various grisly endings, numerous and inventive ways in which his precious CD collection could come to harm, play acting as a diva etc etc

one thing I've been meaning to ask is do you think there is any connection between dreaming and aspergers? I find that Alex has an amazing recall of his dreams down to the smallest detail, and, to him, are they are extremely vivid. One of his sleep issues is that he has in the past been afraid to go to sleep because a dream he's been having has been particularly scary.

ray

Ive often asked my son when ive over heard him sleep talking what hes dreamt about but he always says nothing.

But on the remembering stuff in detail.Gosh my son can remember conversations,places routes taken to places what people said how they said it,hes a good mimic of voices and facial expression in amazing details.

if i forget something i always ask him i say Ivey what happened and he starts reeling of word perfect stuff.hes always bloomeing right.

We smile and laugh and say its yer talent and yer a bloomeing whizz at it.