Sign in to follow this  
lindy-lou

what do you think...?

what are your views on the dad who took his terminally ill sons life?he was found not guilty of murder and pleaded gulity to manslaughter,he got a 2 year suspended sentance,his son jacob had hunters syndrome,i personally feel that he only tried to act in his sons best interest and couldnt bear to see him suffer anymore,i know we shouldnt play god and life is sacred but i will not judge until i have walked in those shoes,im sure his life will never be the same again and he will have to live with his actions for the rest of his life.

so what do you think?

was this an act of unselfish love for his child or murder?

rip little jacob

:(

this is the most difficult thing aynone could do, my mother suffers with MS and we often talk about what will happen when she get to a certin stage.

I have to say that mum wont's some help with when she dies but i don't know if i would be able to do it and live with the guilt but then again if they are her wishes i would feel bad about not helping.

I wouldnt have found him guilty of murder either.

Unless youve had to watch some body die of a horrid terminal illness maybe in horrendous paine how can we judge what we would or wouldnt do.

God knows what went through that mans mind the what ifs ect.

My thoughts are with all people perhaps in a dilema similar to what he was.

Paula

I don't want to restart the debate that we had a few weeks ago, but in essence I think he was wrong to do what he did. If I understood it correctly he wan't the boys main carer either, his mother was. Jacon was terminally ill but was not in the final stages of his ilness so there was no pressing reason to act as he did.

I m not convinced that this is in the same bracket as some other cases I have seen recently, and the suspended sentence leaves me feeling a little uncomfortable.

A very tragic case.

Simon

I have,nt read a lot on this case and I know nothing of this poor childs condition.But I did read that his mother had pushed for a conviction of her ex husband.None of us know the full circumstances, or what the true motive was in suffocating his son. It,s truely sad and heart breaking :( .

I agree with you Simon. My gut reaction is that the suspended sentence sends out the wrong messages about how people with such conditions are valued and what makes a life worthwhile.