Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Rant about Piza ***

I'm trying to organise a relatively stress free day out for us as a family, the first one in ages as I usually avoid us all going out together because it usually ends in tears (I'm sure you all relate to that!). I booked cinema tickets for the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe this Saturday, and then tried to book a table in 'a famous pizza place' for afterwards (I even found out what time the movie would finish so we could go easily from one to another). They told me on the phone that 'we don't do bookings on a saturday', so I explained the situation that I have a son with ASD and the problems he has with queing, and they said, 'we still don't do bookings', so I asked to speak to the manager. He came on the phone and I explained the situation and he said 'It makes no odds to us, disabled or not we treat everyone the same and we don't do bookings on a Saturday'. :o Ok..... ! So I asked him what their disability policy was and he said 'that we treat everyone the same'! He clearly doesn't get it! I rang customer services up and had a chat with them explaining that the disability act was meant to allow people to access things, and that sometimes to access things it was inevitable that they would need special treatment and other times it meant the opposite. She is getting the area manager to ring me back sometime. Anyone had experience of this? Are they right? Am I expecting too much? My son loves to go to this place and I really wanted it to be a nice day for everyone, he'd be so disappointed if we didn't go here for pizza (he won't go anywhere else, he only eats pizza when we go here).

Lauren

You read them the riot act.

They should make allowances for youre son.Its no skin of there nose.Threaten them with the disability act and threaten to splash it all over a local rag.

But im sure theyll bend and let you book a table when youve stated yer case to the area manager.I hope they do and you have a good time.

Just had a look on their site, (if Ive got the right one), it says they welcome people with disabilities, when you click on it, there is no info!!

Brook :unsure:

Lauren my son also loves these pizza restaraunts..........what is it about them???..........you could try on the night and if it,s really busy maybe get a take out?...........but I agree they are being very :devil: , not letting you book a table on this occassion. :shame:

I've booked a table at another branch of the same store. The area manager has just rang me back and explained it's because this particular branch is too small (I still don't see how they couldn't make a concession and allow us to book a table). I also explained to her the concept behind the disability act and that theoretically this branch was breaking the law. She did take on board what I was saying but I honestly don't think it'll make any difference. Apart from making my point as clearly as possible I don't think I'll take this any further, we do have to pick our battles; all I want to do is take the kids out and give them a nice day!! :blink:

Thanks for the responses all >:D<<'>

Suze, I don't know what it is about this particular pizza place! My son won't eat pizza at all except for when we go there, I've often wondered if they put something in them that my son is addicted to!!!! :D If so I want to know what it is so I can add it to vegetables and fruit! :whistle:

Lauren X

Im really glad its worked out.

We saw chronicles of narnia on sunday and it was brilliant.

My son (AS) used to hate going to the cinema hed shuffle and cause bother and stuff and wed have to go when no one else was there and sit on a row all to ourselves.But over the years hes managed to get used to it and loves going to see all the big films.

Next one KIng Kong xmas eve.

Hi Lauren,

I would be inclined to write to the head of customer services about this too. They should not be allowed to get away with it.

It makes me feel so angry :angry:

Loulou x