Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Just wondering....

M has been seen by CAMHS about six months ago. They suspect autism/aspergers but he had to be referred on to the community peadiatritians to decide who sees him. They met and after several meetings regarding him decided he was to be referred to the Communication Disorder Assessment Clinic. He has had a speech and langusge assessment and the wait to be seen at the CDC is approx 9 months. We have had a questionaire to fill out regarding M's communication issues and have now got a appointment to see a peadiatritian in Jan. What will happen at this appointment? Does anyone know, i know it seems to vary from county to county but would be grateful of any advice as to what he/she will be looking at. I think this is a appointment that takes place before he gets his appointment at the CDC.

Very confused with the whole system!!!!!!!! :wacko:

i can only tell you that when we got our appointment with the consultant she asked us about indias birth and any problems that occured,how she fed and slept as a baby,and really just what were our concerns with her now,she arranged for her to have organic and chromosomal blood tests,to be seen for assessment at the child development clinic,vision and hearing tests,then we saw her after the assessment when she gave us the diagnosis of ASD query AS where she gave a thorough explanation as to why they were giving the diagnosis and what will happen next.

lynda x