Sign in to follow this  
clintess

my sons dla update

:wallbash::angry: im soo angry. it went to appeal and they went on t previous senco(whom ive cmplained about to lea,chair of sch and local mp and now conciller in education) so they have turned him down saying that in letter,althought they were told in written to contact new senco. this child is on school action plus,has speech/language of a three year old and a community nurse.to add insulted to injury i now also been told by his speech/language therispst he wont get help now within the school system as they dont now after they turn 6.he has been having speech help since he was three. im so flipping angry and at myself for sending to that prevoius sch in first place.he wasnt on any school action in the 8 mths he was there, and them saying their was n othing wrong with him.i feel like crying.ive 4 wks to appeal against the decision of this appeal as anyone got any advise please.i cant afford private speech for him and i scared he is going to fall more further behind than he already is.

Clintess, I'm really sorry to hear your bad news.

to add insulted to injury i now also been told by his speech/language therispst he wont get help now within the school system as they dont now after they turn 6.

If the therapist intends to withdraw support then she ought to give you her reasons in writing - as a matter of courtesy. If the therapist has mentioned your son's age as being the only reason for a cut-off criteria in therapy (within the school setting) then suggest to the therapist that the therapy continues outside of the school setting, e.g. in a clinic, hospital.

ive 4 wks to appeal against the decision of this appeal as anyone got any advise please.

You could try contacting your local Welfare Rights department for someone to support you through the appeal.

Sorry to hear that :(

Keeping my fingers crossed for you that you hear some positive feedback soon :pray:

Its soo frustrating and ive only been going thu it since october (my 9 yr old son was dx on 30th sept. 05)

It took me about 4 weeks to fill out the form, and it was eventually sent off about 4 wks ago.

I got a reply from DLA this week saying they're going to be contacting the school and GP.

The last time i took Liam to see GP about his problems the GP told him "stop acting silly and maybe other kids will be more friendly with you and stop bullying you" And about his character voices (he likes to impersonate anyboday on TV especialy like copying shrek & donkey and also any films with jim carey) the GP said " you just have to stop talking like that and grow up and act your age"

Soooo as you can probably understand im a bit worried what the GP will say to the DLA

take care

luv

julie xxx

>:D<<'> there is justication in this world after all, had letter from mp the other day that he had put in hands of them kent county council counciller for education.today got letter from the counciller and he has said he is contact with the LEA over this matter about said SENCO at said school and waiting for a response on what they are going to do about it.

meanwhile im going to ask new senco/headmistress whom is very nice to do a letter for dla about ts needs as well as copies of all letters regarding previous senco between bodies and copy of ts IEP.so hopefully it will sort this mess out previuos SENCO as created for him. so fingers crossed he gets what he needs. :pray:

Don't forget to ask your MP for help with the DLA also. When I was "in discussion" with the inland revenue over tax credits we went a bit off topic and I was told that the MP's have their own department at the DLA office and their turn around was only a week!! This was about May this year.

Good Luck

Denise 2

thanks for that i will write a letter 2 mp regarding helping with dla, spoke 2 ts pead and she is going to write a report 2 dla stateing his has needs more than advertage child.she also said the previous sch head called her moaning about my complaint 2 LEA and mp so think ive rattled a few cages. just spoke to another mother and she said the incidents regarding her son with said senco were recorded and to persive with it as senco isnt do job properly and still isnt regarding her child.dr s said speech is no longer available for yr ones and over so need to find out how to get further help with it without paying for private speech sessions any advice would be apprecated.but at last i see light at end of tunnel,dla have recoreded that they are waiting for further evidence so now not panicking over time issue.i just like to say no one give up regarding your childrens needs as u are helping other children with sn by not giving up. merry christmas everyone. :D

dla IS A NIGHTMARE BUT THERE ARE PLENTY OF PEOPLE AVAILBLE TO HELP. ASK YOUR LOCAl support group there is someone who will look after your draft and give you help. I asked a friend and my health visitor. I would never appraoch school as this is just too new for them as they are mainstream. It is importan to put down your worst day!!!!! I did it gets easier with practice.

You are being strung along with the speech therapy. My child is in yr 3 and salt goes into school.

Get the salt to put reasons in writing! Arrange a meeting with her manager and get them to explain ask for a copy of their criteria of neeed. Asking questions helps focus minds.

What does school think will they support you? Does your child need to be statemented? I foud obtaining an private assessment of my children speech caused ripples and improved provision and might be a worthwhile one off investment.

Hope this helps dont panic and good luck!