Sign in to follow this  
krystaltps

Next Xmas.......

Callum has never been good at Christmas, but the run up to it this year has been a living nightmare! :crying: He's even had his teacher in tears. He ruined Xmas eve for his siblings, shouting, screaming and hitting them for no reason (I had to restrain him twice, haven't had to do that for a couple of years) - he just can't cope with it all. Christmas day - he was fine because he knew he was going to have a sleepover at his gran's on Christmas night, but we're back to square one today - just found his new nintendo DS in the bin - because I touched it and it now has girl germs all over it and he can never touch it again apparently. He's also going to chop all our heads off with a chainsaw :clap: ... something to look forward to!

Next Christmas Eve, he can go to his gran's for a sleepover. He begged me to let him go this year - so he could get peace, but I talked him out of it (I'd miss him). But I think, for his sake, it would have been for the best - for him and for the twins.

Still, after coming on here today, I know that I'm not the only mum who's having a stressful Christmas.... at least our tree's still standing! Happy stressful Xmas all.......

Can really relate to your plight we had a similar nightmare run up to christmas.The actual event does,nt affect him too badly it,s the run up to it that does :crying: .

yr idea to send him to his grandmas sounds best for all i think. I know u miss him but its whats best for him and yr other kids really. Perhaps u could phone him loads while hes at his grans. :clap:

Kieran gets really hyped on the run up to christmas counting the days down christmas week and on christmas day bless him he opened his presents and i can never tell whether he s pleased with them or not as he is difficult to buy for as he gets his own money ,so i just get what i think he d like.This might give me a clue, the presents are in a pile just where he unwrapped them and he is back on his xbox 24/7 like it hasnt even been christmas.It gets harder every year lol.At least we know we are not alone and all know where we are coming from.SO to all yus stressed mums and dads.Happy New Year and hopefully a peacefull one(if only)

lynn

We get it the other way round - fine until grandparents get involved.

Com is practically vegan, but my mum resents this, so all he got to eat for Xmas and boxing day dinners were roast potatoes (and those only because I managed to swap the goose fat for vegetable oil and hide the leftovers on Xmas day).

Then we went to the other grandparents where grandad went balistic "Aspergers my a***! Five minutes alone with him and I'd sort him out!" :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Which led to Com storming off down the road in 4 inches of snow with no shoes, socks or top on.

But 500 miles later we're all home now, Com and me with colds coming and Zemanski passed out on painkillers from a slipped disk :crying: .

The worst part was realising that for the same cost as this annual week from Hell, we could have 2 weeks on a beach on the Med in the summer :(

We had a relatively good Christmas. First Christmas day without visitors for almost 20 years. Who needs them!

Next year I'm going to tell a little white lie and tell everyone we're going away. :whistle:Don't tell anyone! :D

Love to Zemanski, slipped disc isn't a lot of fun. I hope you are looking after her L'il N.

Nellie xx

Hi,

Next Christmas i'm going to do everything really low-key. I'll just stay at home, me and my little man. I've already told my Mum i won't be going to her house next Christmas, so she said, "Oh well, maybe we could come to you then?" Er, thanks but no thanks. How awful do i sound? :(

My poor Christmas tree is still in the downstairs loo. I tried to chuck it out, but Kai screamed the place down because he wants to keep it (this is after totally destroying it during a meltdown on boxing day!).

I think i'm becoming a recluse!

Loulou x

We told everyone in the nicest possible way to bog off this year! :clap:

We had a couple of very close family members over - who understand M - on Xmas eve. Had xmas day to ourselves - it was lovely - very relaxed. We have seen other relatives - but when we choose to and only for a couple of hours. It really pays to be stubborn - and makes for an enjoyable xmas!

Hubby and I are going away next Christmas. No family, no presents, no turkey (although there will be food). Just a small group of friends who all hate Christmas :)

More people should do this in my opinion.

Edited by Tally

We were so anxious to make sure we had all J's stuff for our trip North that we managed to forget all the Christmas presents for the rest of the family .... :oops:

Not going to live that down in a hurry!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The worst part was realising that for the same cost as this annual week from Hell, we could have 2 weeks on a beach on the Med in the summer.

The cost of Christmas!

Sounds familiar! At nursery, Robert had great difficulty this Christmas. During the nativity play, with all the other proud mums and dads videoing their little angels, Robert couldn't cope and started running around screaming and being aggressive. Neither myself or nursery staff intervened as we felt had any of us done so, we would have made things much worse. It was a really difficult day! Heard lots of huffing and puffing and tutting from other parents ? I'm afraid they aren't my priority and if they fail to be understanding, I'm not wasting my time with any of them. Nursery Christmas party wasn't great either. Robert was unable to play 'ring-a-ring-of-Rosie'-type games and ran around being aggressive and shouting. At one point, he sat on the floor and sobbed. Wouldn't go near Santa and every time he got stressed, I could see him clutching his toy Thunderbird. He became quite loud and animated, not in an attempt to get attention, quite the opposite. Noticed he tries to immerse himself into some role-play in an attempt to shut everything else out. I managed to get him into the cloakroom to calm down. Sad thing was, he didn't want to go home, but was unable to join in.

Robert is usually not too bad on the day itself because we all try to keep things as low-key as possible. Noticed Robert was hoarding wrapped birthday presents, hiding them behind dining room table and leaving them. This Christmas, I therefore didn't wrap anything and we didn't get the "woooooow!", but we did get a smile!

It's difficult as a parent not to get excited about Christmas, despite knowing potentially what's doing to happen, but I tdefinitely think low-key is best policy!

Caroline