Sign in to follow this  
LKS

caught out with our mortgage

We have always been quite keen on chopping and changing our mortgage to get the best deal. These deals usually only last about 2 years and NORMALLY I'm quite good at keeping a check on them. But horrors when I read our bank statement this morning our mortgage has gone up ?200 a month !!!!!! They said they sent us a letter to remind us which we never received. Shall now be looking around for good deals pronto.

... our mortgage has gone up ?200 a month !!!!!! They said they sent us a letter to remind us which we never received.

ask them for proof of the receipt of the letter by yourselves - if they can't prove you received it they shouldn't be charging you ... worth a try!

Spoke to someone today who I'm sure must have worked for the LEA at one time. He said there is no legal requirement that a letter informing us of change of interest rate be sent out, it is just courtesy. They are going to send me a copy of the original. Meanwhile they are willing to offer us another special rate of interest, not quite so good and there will be an admin fee of ?600. :angry: Bearing in mind no survey has to be done, no solicitors are involved, just a bit of paperwork telling us the new interest rate. Ooooh I feel a complaint coming on, how refreshing to move on to the financial sector now.