Sign in to follow this  
stressedmumto2

Meltdown

My son is staying with his dad and grandma at the moment and has been since wed to give me a break.

Everytime I have spoken to my son on the phone apparently he has gone into mad mood, kicking, shouting, swearing asking to come back home etc. These tantrums have been lasting for anything between 2 and 4 hours. Even though he only asks me the one time when he is coming back home and seems happy.

I get this with my son when i'ts time for him to come in from playing with his friend and sometimes immediatly after school and for a long time have just though it was because he hasn't been able to get his own way. This has been happening most days for about 2 months and the severity has been alot worse with him smashing my things, windows etc.

He has learnt nothing from doing this and has still not got his own way and been allowed to play out later, it's just like he doesn't understand.

Could this be a type of meltdown or is it just a tantrum, he's been diagnosed with adhd but they have pretty much ruled out aspergers.

My 9 year old son,getting dx asperger syndrome.

I have the same with him only he has the meltdown cause he want's to go to his dad's and he know's he can't go.My partner and i have to hold him down in the end as he becomes very violent.

I know how you feel,but you will know the differents between a temper tantrum or a meltdown, it took me along time to convince the pead that i know the differents

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>