Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

14 WAYS TO RID TENSION

Guest hallyscomet

Happy New Year All,

I promised a few people that I would type this out before Christmas. Finally here it is.

Love Hailey >:D<<'>

14 WAYS TO RID TENSION

1. Talk it over with a confidente

2. Escape for a while to a prayer closet, favourite music, or outdoors but eventually need to come back and face the problem.

3. Anger - release and work through this by doing things like washing the windows, mopping, cleaning, any physical activity, power walking etc.

4. Give in occasionally yield to others then others will yield to you.

5. Make a list when work load is getting out of hand - schedule things. Sometimes writing things down and putting it off for a week, even a a dispute. Then after a week look at this item again, you will be in a different frame of mind - and you have had a chance to cool down or reflect, then ask yourself "how important is this" item, cross it off if no longer important, this is a good stress management strategy.

6. Avoid Superwoman/ Man complex, its okay not to be perfect sometimes. Use your abilities to their best, not too many commitments, prioritise, its okay if it all dosn't get done, how important is it. Are you expecting too much of yourself, do what is possible not the impossible, be realistic in your goals.

7. Go easy with criticism, find out each other's good points and help each other develop them. Try to bring out the best in each other and forget the rest.

8. Give the other fellow a break.

9. Make yourself available, don't shrink away and make yourself isolated, instead offer friendliness, offer a helping hand, work as a volunteer from time to time.

10. Hobbies, throw yourself into these i.e. raising flowers, playing a musical instrument, do some sewing, painting, creative things, or sport cooking, spoil yourself.

11. Faith, you have to have faith in yourself, others, moral values and God. Take time to pray to God each day.

12. Feeling fatigued and unable to concentrate in the late morning or early afternoon - thr brain needs glucose to function - eat a piece of fruit at these times - will feel benefits straight away.

13. Exercise walking in the evening 10 - 15 mins releases chemicals in the brain that makes you feel relaxed and happy.

14. Smile even if it is fake this also releases feel good chemicals in the brain, so smile smile smile. Also Hug someone or a teddy or animal.

Hope you like this list. I keep a copy of this where I and my children can read it often, it does start to create a habit after a fortnight if you do, which is a positive one.

Happy New Year Hope this finds you all well. :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Love Hailey >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ALL THE WAY FROM ORSTRALIA :lol::lol::notworthy: SIDDENEY AS THE IOC CALL IT.

Edited by hallyscomet

I love to read, or listen to a cd with my headphones on of course, i find it totally unwinds me, when i have the time to do it naturally lol. :dance:

13. Exercise walking in the evening 10 - 15 mins releases chemicals in the brain that makes you feel relaxed and happy.

We bought our 12yr daughter a cocker-spaniel puppy last September - and I must be honest I thought we were mad at the time (especially as she was going through major problems). Although it is hard work especially with a 2yr old little nutter constantly 'playing' with the dog - I do the late evening walk - and that half an hour out of the house on my own is an absolute godsend it's the only time I get completely to myself - I don't know now what I'd do without it. Even when I'm not well I'll drag myself out for that half hours peace (heaven!!!).

Madmooch.

Oops - terrible when you don't know where they are!!!! - but when she's calmed down and ready for a sleep send her home.

:P i have been having full body massages at my local college[prices are cheap-compared to salons]

really blissfull-takes all aches out of you-im going once a week as my me time treat.

check out your local colleges what they offer. :P