Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

I must be a right softie

We have an empty lunch box :thumbs:

I know seems normal, but my ASDs son has never eaten his full lunch at school in the 2 years + he has been there, or when he was at nursery. Just before Xmas as some may remember I suggested him sitting seperately at lunch time after finding it worked elsewhere, and eventually the new routine of having his lunch in his favourite place (the library) seems to have worked as he has eaten ALL of his lunch. Head Teacher said he also seems much happier with this as he was having a meltdown every dinner time and now he doesn't. So happy I could cry :tearful: .

Just goes to show never give up because I nearly had

Edited by lil_me

So pleased I have somewhere else to share these little success stories as I told a friend and she said well my son eats his every day :rolleyes: . Don't think some realise what it takes and what you go through to get this far.

He's had the big well done for me but said when I hugged him, 'Not eating it if I get hugs'. Some things we do and forget what affect it can have. So I promised no more big hugs off Mam :unsure: but I am really proud of him and he can have a special treat after tea :D

well done!

That's brill Lil Me. :dance::clap:

I know what you mean about sharing life's success stories. I do have a few people in the family who appreciate things when The Boy achieves them, but on the whole, places like this are the only real place you can share these lovely stories and know that people truly understand.

Well done, lil-lil me. It's a huge achievement. Know what you mean about 'normal' friends not understanding how big this is - have lost count of the number of parents who snarl "Hmph, you haven't TOUCHED your grapes!" as though this proves their child has a major eating disorder. If they only knew.

Karen

x

I did ask him if he was ok with the new arrangements, he said 'Cowabunga' I pressume thats good.

He said 'Mikey will eat yesterday' (he mean't tomorrow) 'If no squeezes'

:thumbs: So Mam has learned from her mistakes and won't 'Squeeze' for praise again :oops:

Thanks for all the replies, its just nice to share it with someone. I hope you all have many of these success stories to share soon as it felt great sharing mine :)

Edited by lil_me