Sign in to follow this  
UltraMum

Cheaper fuel?

I just came across this: may be of interest - see what you think

http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_web...for_though.html

The idea is for private car drivers to club together so they can negotiate a bulk-buying discount from petrol stations in a similar way to big companies.

The concept is straightforward enough and thanks to Ben Scammell, a veteran campaigner for cheaper fuel who is organising the scheme, it might - just might - become a reality. He has established a website called www.pipelinecard.org and says he has used his contacts in the industry to negotiate an "in principle" deal with a national fuel retailer.

He says the petrol company, which he won't name but has service stations throughout the UK, has promised to provide a discount of between 5p and 10p per litre of fuel to everyone who signs up to the website provided the number of registrations reaches a certain level.

Mr Scammel will not reveal how many people must join the scheme before the retailer will offer the discount but he has assured Times Online that the scheme requires less than 100,000 people ? a figure that seems eminently achievable once news of the campaign spreads.

My Dear Partner has decided he is going to start making his own Biofeul from old cooking oil, he is even going on a course in June to learn how, and what forms we need to fill in for the customs people.

Be so careful with Biofuel, someone has attempted that near us and the car which is a 04 plate Xsara has ended up in the garage where my partner works, they who engine is just scrap now, needs a new one. He was told this stuff was safe and the guy who made it was trained to do so from what I have heard. Going to cost him a few thousand to get it repaired.

I signed up for the pipeline card idea a few months ago.

Edited by lil_me