Sign in to follow this  
adamsmum

Big potty

We wont to take Adam out of nappys in the summer. Adam use to sit on a potty but not the loo. T potty is now to small for him he's nearly 7. Is their some place i could buy a bigger one. Someone must have thought to make them. or is there something like a potty i could use. We are getting desperate now to sort this out :(

You could try and see if an occupational therapist could asses him and see if you get get such an item on loan from the disability services.

Might be worth asking any of the parent groups who also have paremnts of physically disabled kids if any have one thier kids have outgrown you could try (my areas local parental newsletter lists items for special needs kids that are outgrown)

We were told today that when it comes time to toilet train, we can get a rifton toilet chair from our OT department - it might be worthwhile trying them to see.

Lynne

My n.t daughter used to have this potty that was basically a childs chair with the potty fitting into the middle.This was because she was too scared to sit on a little one.Trouble is i'm not sure where i bought it from now. :unsure:

The red cross do a loan service for such items, if you can,t get one through the O.T.We used one last summer while my daughter was having some medical treatment and could,nt get up the stairs to the loo.

i still use nappies because i have a phobia of toilets (long story pm me if you whant to hear about it) i know you can get them as my phcoligest sugested i try using one but i cant remember the link for the website to get them

Sorry I have no experience of this - but has anyone tried to help you with helping him to go on the toilet?

ps just noticed you don't live too far away from me :P

The school are going to try in summer. He use to sit on the loo nicly then he changed school so it all went out the window now he wont use the loo :( Ther are a few members this way we should all meet up in summer and take over a park :lol::lol:

I think as long as they are going to try and help.

Oh yes that would be great. :D