Sign in to follow this  
hev

i need a boost

im constantly tired,always got a cold,i know its linked to stress and im overweight but is there any supplements you take which work for you?i had st johns wort years ago but im also on prozac and are they not sort of the same?i went to a health food shop and the amount of stuff in there confused me,multivitamins,do i need zinc?any advice appreciated,my get up and go has got up and gone,I WANT IT BACK!

Poor you. Have you seen GP. i don't know about vitamins but i feel like this in winter. The lack of sun gets me down a lot and then i feel ill and tired. As for stress my mum do's relaxation cd :lol: It works for her but my kids don't give me time to try them so cant say. I tryed yoga in my pre kid days and can really recommend it for relaxation and to give back enagy thats if you have time other then that lot's of >:D<<'>

:D hi

you could have any of the b vits as they good for energy and stress,also zinc is good,i take them and garlic and vit e for anti oxident

am now on i q myself in capsules,ive tryed enchinea in past good to stop you getting colds ect,,,

i also just started those danone drink things yoghurt type ones ,one a day orange flavour think its working, i eat lots of watercress and red peppers,spring onions and sunflower seeds which i really think is giving me energy at the mo.

been eating dried fruit too and trying to have more fruit.

plenty of vit c you need.

holland and barret have good offers on alot and the staff are good telling u whats best to take ect....

I would go and get checked by your doctor it could be a thyoid problem or something else. It wise to seek good advice because you have enough to deal with.

Jen

just had a look at mine

from holland and barrett you need time released vits as these are the best ones the others just wash out of your system to quick-they may be bit dearer but benefits are much better

i have busy b with c high strength,120 tablets helps cause it contains all the b complex vitamins plus vit c

helps nervous system essential for energy.

vitamin e 200 i.u-d-alpha form- powerfull antioxident plays a role in the maintenance of nervous system and healthy immune system

high strength chelated zinc with 15 mg of copper- trace mineralthat plays role in over 300 enzymes in the body,neutralise harmfull cell damaging free radicals ect....

:D hope thats a bit of help.

Prozac and St John's Wort together are a big NO!NO! :)

5HTP (amino acids) are good for stress ... but have you considered getting checked out by your doctor? I was tired all the time and lots of infections - turned out that I had diabetes - of which some of the symptoms are ... tired all the time and more prone to infection :(

Specifically for getting over a cold I would go for high strength Vit C and zinc.

Then you could eat lots of anti-oxidant foods. Cranberry & Raspberry juice, red or black grapes, broccoli, green tea, best of all - red wine. These help boost immunity.

But get checked out by a doctor if your symptoms persist.