Sign in to follow this  
Bullet

Feeling down :(

I am sick and tired of:

Talking to Ds1 and asking him simple questions and either getting nothing (not even a puzzled look) or something totally random in possible reply (because he won't look at me).

Showing him who to do pretend play, getting really excited if he copies me and then watching as he shows no inclination to do it when left to his own devices (and even when encouraged he gets bored with it after less than a minute).

Having a lad who is affectionate and friendly (he'll smile at strangers), so I think there's nowt up with him - and then he seems to be in this shell I can't break. It's always as though I - or others - are having to push him to interact. If he doesn't want something he won't be bothered with you and most of the time even if you press him he ignores you.

Never sure how much he can understand because he responds to so little. Sometimes I think he has perfect understanding, other times I think he can only get what's been part of his routine for ages.

I'm sorry, it just seems that everything is a struggle to get through to him and he's not even been diagnosed so I can't deal with anything.

Bullet,

I'm so sorry you're having a tough time at the moment. :( I can only offer >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

I hope you get that assessment soon.

K x

Bullet,

I understand what you are saying. Have lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

As Kathryn said, hope you get the assessment soon, then maybe you will be pointed in the right

direction for some support.

Brook >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Sending you lots of >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I had a terrible time yesterday and everyone helped me so much,... Today I feel totally different. I do understand how you feel, my son often ignores us and I have to ask 6 or 7 times before he will acknowledge me and then some more before I get an answer.My son doesn't want to do anything and it is a real push to get him out of the house. He doesn't enjoy colouring etc but if someone else has a go he destroys what they are doing and doesn't let them.

Are you in the process of being referred etc?

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Bullet

I feel very similar a lot of the time and thats after diagnosis - I hope you get your assessment soon.

Lynne x

Thank you - I feel a lot better this morning :). He's been seen by one paediatrician who's referred him on to the development centre for a formal assessment. And they want to get things going sooner rather than later. I keep thinking because he's so young he's just delayed, but the more I look at the way he is the harder it is to think that.

I think nothing prepares you for the relentlessness of it all. I used to compare this to running a marathon in your slippers. When you get changed into a proper pair of running shoes (with the support from people here) then you can start to make it a more comfortable, if exhausting, journey.

I think nothing prepares you for the relentlessness of it all. I used to compare this to running a marathon in your slippers. When you get changed into a proper pair of running shoes (with the support from people here) then you can start to make it a more comfortable, if exhausting, journey.

I always felt it was more like dancing backward in high heels and then watching your partner take all the credit ;);):lol:

I'm really glad you feel a bit better today. i hope they get their skates on with the asssessment so that you know where you are and where to get some support. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>