adamsmum

What do you do with yours

We are so bored. It's raining. We can't go out as all had colds. Was going to bake but baby in bad mood and DH is his usual grumpy self. I cant take a week of this :( I think my head will explode from the stress. Cant take Adam to places he dosent know or places that are busy so i'm really stuck :( It seems silly as we have a huge garden but cant use it because its so wet :wallbash: Oh well enouth moaning playdoh time i think :lol: eny other ideas welcome

Messy play always goes down well with my youngest. Jigsaws and board games too. Now we've got a family pass for the local(ish) aquarium thats also a good rainy day thing. Soft play areas aswell, luckily there is loads popping up in the north east.

We go out :D. Ds1 loves the rain and makes a point of stomping in all the puddles. He refuses to wear his hat or hood as well.

we have just painted a huge cardboard box that the kids are using as a car - multi-couloured like a hoob-mobile.

they also like to use the internet (they are 5) - www.starfall.co.uk or cbeebies or nickjr.

Elaine

My daughters and I do cross stitch while Ben and his dad play game cube. At the moment my kids and hubby are playing Mario party 7. It's great fun and you use a microphone for some of the games.

things are really peaceful for us when it's raining. We have the perfect excuse not to go out (William hates outdoors :blink: ) so we don't have to go through the usual trauma of having to persuade William that going out is a good idea. Luke tends to get bored quite easily but he's easily entertained as long as I can keep him and the dogs apart as they tend to wind each other up.

Lauren

Hi,

We usually get the paints out and get sticking and glueing! I bought a great book called "Things to do. Play and learn" which has loads of great indoor things to do.

I try to avoid soft play areas on rainy days, as they are always packed which is not a good idea with Kai.

Rainy days are so depressing though aren't they? Roll on summer ........................

Loulou x

I'm with Bullett we go out anyway - but we have a dog so we have to! :D The kids (both of them) do love to puddle splash and run around looking for 'shelter points'. I always end up having to change their clothes 3 times during the day - so roll on summer. Hate being cooped up inside with them all day though makes me stir crazy :blink: , my AS son is always better in mood if we go out and let him run off energy (bit like the dog really :lol: ).

Today has been very wet here so we made a buffett :blink: and watched a DVD but have to say it was all a bit stressfull! Isn't it lovely when they go to bed? :D

PC, PS2, TV and books! When we're away on holiday (camping in a tent) and it's raining we play Dungeons & Dragons - the whole family - it's great fun. Hubbs usually DMs cos he's the best at it, followed by eldest son who is also quite good and we have a right good old family get together.

Daisy