phasmid

You and yours

A missed opportunity I think. The program should have been open only to parents and the chair of the investigative committee in my opinion. In general parents won't have access to this enquiry and I felt the program got taken over somewhat by the 'experts' - they should have had a program of their own.

This issue is too big, way too big to get even a feel for what parents have to go through in one hour. I'd love to see the powers that be explain some of the posts we see on here where our kids get exclusions because of their ASD behaviour or parents banned from schools because they dare question what is or isn't being provided in the way of education.

Until they start to listen to us and our children they will never understand what we have to face.

Edited by phasmid

I have to admit to having a throbbing headache after listening to that.

I too agree an hour is nowhere near enough time to truly cover all the issues.

I wonder if the lady who said that inclusion should be for all, would have the same opinion if her

6yr old had a breakdown because of school.

I have two children both with disabilities, my seven yr old is ASD, my three yr old has a lifelong

physical disability and is more often than not in a wheelchair.

There is not enough emphasis on what suits 'individuals', my youngest child will most likely thrive in

mainstream, but at this moment in time my ASD son certainly could not.

Get Emailing your views folks, you never know! ;)

Brook

Edited by Brook

I agree, Phasmid. I felt the programme only managed to skim the surface.

There's still a chance for parents to put their views to the programme though, and these will be passed on to the committee, I gather.

:( I listened and thought for what a big issue how little coverage it is getting in the media. An hour is just way tool small whenyou think of how much air time is given to other things ie big brother, iraq, pop idol, the danish cartoon etc. Disability is way down on everyones priorities appart from us on the front line.

I would like to see health and education being the questioned by parents about the poor provision they provide and I thought it was interesting what was said about the every child matters debate, it really does seem to be every child mattters except those with a disability, I would like to see ministers anwser why sure start stops at 5 and where are our kids in theie plans?

I agree pumpkinpie.

And even less coverage is given to adult issues, although at least one person mentioned it briefly. It appears that children stop having special needs when they reach 16. :wacko:

I had 5 kids to feed so didn't get to hear any of it. I'll listen to it online later. Sounds like it wasn't much good though.

Lauren

It wasnt that it was no good just that it was the tip of the iceburg asfar as we are concerned

Hi,

I hadn't heard about this - what was is? and does anyone have a link - thank you >:D<<'>

:oops: Ignore me!!! Just found it on another post :D

Edited by smileymab