Sign in to follow this  
oracle

Happy Birthday Hans

A while back I asked if anyone would be happy to share their AS stories with me. Many of you did and I then wrote an article along with my friend Richard - who himself has AS and sent it to a National Newspaper. This paper had expressed an interest and we were hopeful. However after sitting on what we had sent them for almost 3 week we were finally told earlier this week that they had decided not to print what we had sent them. There were aspects of what we has written that they want to use at a later date?

However I have not given up and am still trying to find someone who would be interested in what life with AS, in 2006, for both parents and from the perspective of an adult with the condition.

Tomorrow beings a year long celebration of the life of Hans Aspergers.

Carole

Oh Carol, :(

You must be disappointed. I know you won't give up, you're made of strong stuff. Make it a book, get it published and put me down for the first copy.

If I ever find the energy I might even send you my contribution.

Happy Birthday Hans!

Nellie xx

To be honest with you Nellie I am more disappointed with NAS :( While I fully understand and support the need to celebrate the achievements of the AS community, there is also a need to spot-light the difficulties that are faced every single day. I fear that this year will actually diminish the cause - which will play into the hands of 'any' government :(

Carole

oh hope someone uses it Carole after allyour hard work. Happy birthday Hans! :D