Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Product Announcements

�Living In the Spectrum: Autism & Asperger?s� Audio CD

It features interviews from people with Autism & Asperger?s, poetry & music from those in the Autism spectrum as well as interviews with parents and professionals. This audio CD is both educational and inspirational as it describes what Autism & Asperger?s is and highlights the gifts and talents those in the spectrum have.

It?s purpose is to help parents, relatives, friends, teachers, neighbors and employers enhance their understanding of Autism & Asperger?s.

http://www.mindscapeproductions.com

Mindscape Productions

DISCLAIMER - This is a product announcement - Mindscape Productions is in no way related to this forum and as such we (as administrators) offer no opinion as to the products suitability for use by our members

Electronic Speech Aids

The following site has a range of communication devices for people with little or no speech. I believe this system is used in some special schools.

Costs range from �25 + vat to several thousands of pounds.

Their best seller is a talking photo album cost �25 + vat. This album takes pictures and you can record 10 seconds of speech for each of the 24 pages.

http://www.liberator.co.uk/liberator/frsHome.asp?page=home

Apologies if this is old news. I am just getting used to using this fantastic resource!! and have not looked at all the postings...

One parent recently told me she had found Step pad very useful. It is about �20 plus p and p. It fits in palm of hand and you can record sequences of actions that your child might need to follow.

It saves a lot of time with constantly answering repetitive questions (that's the theory!). You can record WE'RE GOING TO SHOPS, then AFTER SHOPS WE'RE GOING TO GO TO GET PETROL, then AFTER PETROL WE WILL GO TO GRAN'S FOR LESS THAN HALF AN HOUR , then AFTER GRAN'S WE'LL COME HOME AGAIN. Your son or daughter can hang on the Step Pad and play back the steps as a memory reinforcer and reassurance.

It can also be used to just record things you need to remember like a handy dictaphone but simpler to use. It records about 72 second worth of speech.

alison@liberator.co.uk for more details

Andrew

Just came across this:

Running keeper for shoelaces - no need to tie bows!

Pictures are clearer here

It's not clear from the uk site how to buy them so I've sent them an email - will update when I receive a reply.