Sign in to follow this  
justamom

I caused a meltdown

I'm in such a bad mood tonight it all my fault really..Have really let my son down but not intentionally...

K's birthday was last month and he has an obession with Charmed and the new DVD is out tonight. I was going to pay for it with the money that I earn from a small cleaning partime job that I do but sod's law the 2 ladies that I clean for have cancelled this week so I have got no money to but the DVD's... Cue explosion :crying:

K walked in from school tonight and asked me "Well, lets go then to get the DVD". I had to explain to him that he must wait until the week-end when Dad gets paid and we can go and get them.... He had a HUGE meltdown - poor thing it was totally not his fault but unfortunately it just could not be helped....

During the meltdown my mom phoned and she was not very sympathic towards our situation and she said he will just have to learn to wait. We have all posted how difficult it is to not follow through when you have promised something to our AS kids - he was not being naughty he was just showing his frustation at being let down and nobody likes to be promised something and then to be told you have to wait even longer. Took him about 1hr to calm down but he is doing really well now and has calmed down totally and he even said to me

"mommy I know that you have no money at the moment so i will try my best to wait until the week-end". How mature is that!!!

He is doing really well this week first the movies and now this ok he did have a HUGE meltdown but apologized for his behaviour.

I have assured him we will go first thing Saturday morning!!! I really need to win the lottery this week-end then all this could have been avoided.

Whats that saying Money the route to all evil???? -tot none to be evil???

I promised to take my boys to big toy shop at easter that night the cat got hit by a car and was rushed in the early hrs to vets. That morning not only did i have to tell them about cat but that we no longer had money to go shop :( they were so upset K really bad but he excepted it in end. He has no idea about money .

Guest hallyscomet

Hi >:D<<'>

Took him about 1hr to calm down but he is doing really well now and has calmed down totally and he even said to me

"mommy I know that you have no money at the moment so i will try my best to wait until the week-end". How mature is that!!!

He is doing really well this week first the movies and now this ok he did have a HUGE meltdown but apologized for his behaviour.

God love em, >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> thats my boy to a T, they need to process it in their way, but once they calm down, they are often apologetic for the outburst. It is hard for us mums,... :wub: gradually overtime we get stronger, but there will always cause a tear or two. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Tomorrow is another day.

Love Hailey

>:D<<'>