Flora

Divine Retribution

Those of you with close family and friends who 'just don't get it' re your child's dx will love this.

Last weekend my 21 yo step son came home for the weekend from uni. He adores William but is constantly 'reasuring' :sick: me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with him. I don't have to tell you how irritating that is.

About once a month I take William for a burger at that Scottish named famous burger place (you'll know the one I mean). Now William always has exactly the same thing and it isn't easy to order or get it right. A happy meal burger, plain with no pickles or onions; an extra plain burger same as the other one; Mcflurry with crunchie topping. Well, poor SS just got it totally wrong and had to suffer the embarrasment :devil: of William checking the food then demanding it was all replaced because they had put pickles in. Then he discorvered that it wasn't a Happy meal, it was an ordinary regular burger meal and that just was not on at all!!!! SS came back from his burger meal trip all stressed out and exhausted :clap::devil:

Next day we all went out for lunch but William and SS stayed at home. He had to make William his lunch of hoops and hotdogs, and toast. Sounds easy? Well the hoops n hot dogs have to be cooked to just the right temperature (I have this off to a T), the toast has to be done on setting 4 1/2 on the toaster, then stood in a tent shape so it doesn't go soggy; absolutely no butter or spread at all is allowed to go near it; you then have to check with William how he wants his toast served: cut up in to squares; cut in half; or left whole (this changes frequently), if you don't get it right he just won't eat it. Then, they have to be served on two different plates. I gave SS these instructiosn before we left, and when I got back he was almost ready to hang himself from the exposed beams :lol: He'd gone through half a loaf of bread and two tins of hoops n hotdogs before he got it right!

Oh, call me wicked, but I just sooo enjoyed witnessing him eating humble pie and finally admitting that William is 'a unique and different type of person'. :dance:

Maybe he still doesn't 'get it', but I don't think he'll be lecturing me on how 'normal' William is for a while.

Lauren

Wow you could have been writing about my son. I will print off your email (if thats ok) and show it to all those people who think that I pander to my son's demands. Thebit about about the toastersetting made me laugh - ours is on 2 1/2!!!! :dance:

I love that story it's great and i must be wicked too because they just don't listen to us and then when things go pear shaped its there own fault.....

William sounds like keegan if his food is not done JUST in the right way he won't eat it either. He can even taste if we have used a different cheese and he won't eat it...

:lol::lol:

Nice one.

Everytime my mum and dad look after our As son they always say hes not normall is he !!!!!!!! yer think yea i keep telling you that.