timelord

family tree

Hi timelord,

I have been tracing back about 4 lines of our family. My husband's paternal and maternal lines and my paternal and maternal lines. Have managed to trace back as far as the 1600s/early 1700s on most lines although have hit a brick wall in two instances. Have uncovered some unexpected things, but no fortunes or lines of nobility, seems all come from peasant stock despite my husband's Aunt insisting that her family were not ordinary peasants but landowners, seems that she was wrong, although she won't accept the fact!

How are you getting on with tracing your family tree?

traced my fathers fathers side back to 1828, seems they were all coal miners, now starting to trace my fathers mothers side. no surprises though(yet)

Have never been interested with geneology myself,but either last year or year before/or year before that even.. my dad was contacted by a business man in New Zealand who has been tracking down his family,he came over here to Liverpool to check records and it turns out they are cousins,my uncle has been over to see him,pretty good to find that out as I thought my only relatives live in Ireland,England and Scotland.

I traced my some of my family back to find out my Uncle who died during the war had a daughter and I found out she had passed away but his wife is still alive !