Guest Frangipani

Aerial view online

Guest hallyscomet

Hi

Thought you would like to have a look at some of these excellent aerial view photographs.

You can type in any suburb or location in Australia and get a lovely aerial photo.

I guess if you don't know the names of places that makes it difficult so; here are some places I love around Sydney

This makes up the Northern Beaches in order in case you were curious- just type in one of the names and a whole batch of aerial photos for you to enjoy: the beaches in order from Palm Beach to Manly:

are- Palm Beach, Whale Beach, Avalon Beach, Bilgola Beach, Newport Beach, Bungan Beach, Mona Vale Beach Turrimetta Head Warriewood Beach, Narrabeen & Collaroy Beach are combined, Long Reef & Dee Why Beach are combined, Curl Curl Beach, Fresh Water Beach, Queenscliff & North Steyne & South Steyne are Manly Beach, Fairy Bower & Shelly Beach then North Head, this is the northern beaches. :P

Some lovely views of Bayview, Pittwater, Hawkesbury River, Sydney Harbour, Middle Harbour, Balmoral beach and Clontarf beach. Homebush Bay is where the Olympics was held in 2000.

Then there is the Blue Mountains - Katoomba Leura Bilpin , and the wineries at Mudgee & Hunter Valley, South Coast is beautiful also. Any way have fun. :D

Here it is

http://www.airviewonline.com.au/stock-phot...ault.asp?Pr=104

Do you have anything like this in the UK, if so could you post it on here so I can look around the UK. I have never been there so would love to see some pictures like this if possible.

Thanks, enjoy the journey

Hailey

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet
I live near here, but not in Bedford Park he he

http://www.virtual-chiswick.ukonline.co.uk...amas/index.html

Hi

Thanks for posting those, they are lovely close up photo's of the city. This is good as when people talk about where they are from hopefully they can show me, I can get a general idea, are they city or country :D

Have you got a good map of the UK, I literally have no idea how the regions are divided up etc. or states. I guess I have been talking to you people since last October and just think UK, but that is a big place.

Do you know that show Heartbeat, where is that for instance....just wondering. I always loved watching that show, or The Bill.

I have a bit of a learning exercise ahead of me I guess.

Thanks for being patient. From what I hear UK is an excellent place to live as you have such easy access to other countries. As you can see Orstralia is in the middle of know where, well PNG and the islands and New Zealand and Indonesia, but thats not the same as Europe etc.

Just wondering.

Hailey

>:D<<'>

Try this. http://earth.google.com/

You can download the whole world and zoom in close to any part you like. It has been said it is a national security risk and looking at the detail I quite agree.

If you click on the "get Google earth" bit on the right hand of the screen you can download it.

hailey,australia looks lovely,thanks for the link,i love hearing about where you live and looking at the links you do,it brings a bit of sunshine in my grey life :lol:

Try this. http://earth.google.com/

You can download the whole world and zoom in close to any part you like. It has been said it is a national security risk and looking at the detail I quite agree.

If you click on the "get Google earth" bit on the right hand of the screen you can download it.

Google Earth is COOL! - Even if it is a bit out of date, at least two years because my house doesn't have its extension and the old car's parked outside my office.

Actually it's quite scarey, this is all done by satellite imaging - can't believe they haven't found Osama yet! Talk about 1984! Woah!

Guest hallyscomet

I think Osama Bin Ladin has so many double you wouldn't know him if you fell over him.

I am surprised he is still alive, with his medical condition :ph34r:

Guest hallyscomet
hailey,australia looks lovely,thanks for the link,i love hearing about where you live and looking at the links you do,it brings a bit of sunshine in my grey life :lol:

No worries mate :P:lol::lol:

I will keep looking for some of those funny ones. Nothing like a good old laugh.

I must say "I still call Australia home" sung by the choir always touches an emotional chord. The most recent one they filmed was at Hamilton Island. I will have a look and post that one on just for you Hev, it is a feel good one, and they show a lot of beautiful sights of Australia.

Have a great day.

Hu ru :lol::lol:

Love Hailey

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

Back again here is "I still call Australia Home"

http://www.ausgirlschoir.com.au/highlights_qantas.htm

There is a new one on Hamilton island will have another look :D (this one isn't available online)

Regards

Hailey

Here are the words

I Still Call Australia Home

I've been to cities that never close down

From New York to Rome and old London Town

But I realise something I've always known,

I still call Australia home.

I'm always travelling - I love being free

And so I keep leaving the sun and the sea

But my heart lies waiting, over the foam

I still call Australia home.

All the sons and daughters, spinning 'round the world

Away from their family and friends

But as the world gets older, and colder

It?s good to know where your journey ends.

And some day we'll all be together once more

When all the ships come back to the shore

And we'll realise something we've always known

We still call Australia

Still call Australia

Still call Australia home

Edited by hallyscomet

I am so excited about coming over. Only three weeks to go and by the sounds of it the weather should still be nice! Wouldn't it be great to meet up?

I am constantly trawling the net for all things aussie so thank you for the link!

B)

Guest hallyscomet
I am so excited about coming over. Only three weeks to go and by the sounds of it the weather should still be nice! Wouldn't it be great to meet up?

I am constantly trawling the net for all things aussie so thank you for the link!

B)

Hi Kirstie,

Anything is possible, perhaps if you come to Sydney I could arrange to meet you for a coffee or lunch around the City is beautiful, like Darling Harbour or Manly, you could ride on the Manly Ferry from the city. Depending on your schedule, Australia is a big place and so much to see, and do.

Have set out an itinerary, or are you leaving that until you get here.

Anyway, if it is possible for you then I would love to catch up, I guess the first things we will notice about each other is our different accents :lol::lol::lol: The weather here is gorgeous at the moment, usually is this time of year, but we tend to get a bit of rain in April but with the drought, thats nothing to worry about. Actually everything is greening up beautifully as we have had some great weather even in the farm and country areas.

I bet you are all excited.....are you coming with all the family? a wonderful time for all....

Speak with you soon

All the best

Love

Hailey