Sign in to follow this  
forbsay

My little nt girl is ill again

Hi my little one is ill again - she has had 3 doses of medicine since December.............. gosh i wondering if there is something wrong with her immune system as she keeps getting a high temperature and chest infections.......... :sick::sick: . This is really bad to say but i keep thinking what will my work say if i have to take more time off especially after what happened the last time (where they took paid hols off me and I got them back after speaking to the citizen advice bureau). I have told my hubby that it is his turn to stay off and look after her...........

At my work - the majority of experienced staff are resigning - i am at the pondering stage.......... do i

1 look for another job that would mean that i would be the main breadwinner? My hubby is training to be a driving instructor but this could take within 6-9 months to qualify - suppose i could get another job in the short term and he could resign so long as we had enough to live on. He could also take my wee asd boy to school. Though there is the question of housework........... One of the girls in my work has been offered another job with a ?6k rise! Don't know if i am just seeing ? signs at the moment.

2 or follow my heart and apply to do a post grad in teaching so that eventually I can teach asd kids. Wouldn't be able to do this until next year as i would have to get school experience first...............

However, there is light at the end of this dark tunnel - my 5.5 year old has mastered his third reading book and he has been writing letters of the alphabet tonight - priceless. I have got to make sure that I don't get over stressed that I overlook how fab he is doing at the moment! :wub::wub:

Sorry for waffling

Forbsay

xx

Id follow youre heart and do the post grad teaching thing.Dont be swayed by money or pound signs its far better to do something worthwhile and that gives you fullfillment than be a wage slave.

On another matter my sisters daughter was always always getting chest infections,skin rashes,basically everything under the sun would turn into a major illness.

It turned out that a steroide treament she was taking for a skin condition had the effect of weakening her immune system.The mediacation was altered and her health and her ability to fight of illness imedatley started to improve.

I hope youre daughters ok and you manage to come to a decision that makes you and youre family happy.