Guest Frangipani

Queen Elizabeth in Sydney this morning

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

She is officially opening a new wing of the Opera House, even though it was officially opened in 1973. They are going to give her a twelve gun salute.

Will be going in there this morning, so will be there waving in the crowd :lol::lol::lol: only joking, the crowds will be rediculous and they are blocking off most of the streets. Although if I was to go in it would be by Manly ferry, but, I think I will just watch it on the television.

Let the games begin :D then off to Melbourne for the Commonwealth Games.

Hailey :dance:

Hailey,

I'm sure she'll pop round yours for a cup of tea. :lol::lol:

I think she drinks Earl Grey, you better hop off to the shops. :lol::lol:

Brook :D

Guest hallyscomet
Hailey,

I'm sure she'll pop round yours for a cup of tea. :lol::lol:

I think she drinks Earl Grey, you better hop off to the shops. :lol::lol:

Brook :D

Thanks for the tip :lol::lol: Hope she doesn't have her dog with her my cat angel will protest :lol::lol:

Hailey

Guest hallyscomet

Hello,

I think my cat will be outnumbered :o:lol:

The Queen made a very lovely speech, and looked very pretty in lime green suit and hat.

The crowds were down being a working day and school day, plus the terrorism security stuff puts a lot of people off. Especially young families.

The days a bit overcast, cooling it down nicely for her though, with a bit of sunshine tossed in.

Hailey reporting from Oz :rolleyes::lol::D

Hailey, what is the feeling about the Royal family down under? People here have lost their admiration for them, I think it's since Princess Diana died. Well I get the feeling there isn't as much support for them any more.

Guest hallyscomet
Hailey, what is the feeling about the Royal family down under? People here have lost their admiration for them, I think it's since Princess Diana died. Well I get the feeling there isn't as much support for them any more.

Hi Viper,

There are many mixed feelings. For instance it used to be compulsory for schools to sing "God Save the Queen" haven't since I was in school. Late 70's early 80s. This has been replaced with "Advance Australia Fair" as our National Anthem which is now sung in all schools and important functions.

I would say a lot of people lost respect for the Royal family because of the way they treated Princess Diana, and Sarah Ferguson, however, Sarah Ferguson, who could forget the images in the media of the toe kissing. So not many have much respect for her......she often used to speak without thinking.

Prince Charles & Camilla Parker Bowels not popular at all..........because of Diana. Many claws come out thinking of Camilla......believe me.

Queen Elizabeth & the Duke of Edinburgh are still highly respected as they have made many visits to Australia to help celebrate many events. Soon after Princess Diana died, I remember I was fuelled with anger, especially with the Queen when she made a speech, I felt she was cold and I am sure a lot of people felt the same. But, people forgive her.........but not her son.......

A lot of us over here think Prince Charles plotted the accident a murder to look like an accident. All the Camillagate tapes and stories of what they did to Princess Diana, will never be forgotten. No votes over here for him to be King.

When he married Camilla most people really felt sorry for the boys Prince William and Prince Harry.

The numbers that turned out to greet the Queen this morning were well down. Terrorism is a huge factor in that. There is still a bit of unrest because of the Cronulla beach riots.

Ultimately to answer your question, the older generation have a very soft spot for Queen Elizabeth, however, the younger generation haven't seen as much of the Queen as we did as children. There has been a push to have our own flag and get rid of the Monarchy, Prince Charles is to blame for that.......& Prince Andrew......

Both considered Love Rats........what do you expect.......

I know some people complain about how much it costs to bring them out to Australia........

I don't think the Commonwealth Games would be the same without the Queen here to open them.......coming here for the Opera House and Commonwealth Games has put her and the Duke of Edinburgh right back up there and are loved very much and highly respected.

I think those that do not respect the Monarchy are similar to UK reasons. Money, greed, independence, different cultures to name a few.

Many still today have happy and sad memories of Princess Diana, I myself got close to say hello to her when they came over to Australia for the 1988 'Celebration of a Nation" 200 years since Captain James Cook landed in Australia, Botany Bay. As I was about to courtsy and say hello, this jerk behing me hit me on the head and said duck, so he could take a photo, Princess Diana looked at me helplessly and kept looking back at me as she went up the stairs. Paparazzi oooh was I fuming........ B. was only 12 months old luckily I wasn't holding him in my arms........ All the same I have some beautiful photo's I will always treasure......

What are your feelings about the Monarchy,

Regards

Hailey