Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Row with mother in law

Just had an argument with my MIL who lives in South Africa. My son has the same medical history as my dh (apart from the AS) as a youngster (Ulcerative Colitis and arthritis). K is struggling with his knees at the mo and is having alot of time off school. She says that i should give him omega 3 and primrose oil (which i do) ok granted i am very bad at remembering to give him his tablets but she also is having a go at me about his diet.

Firstly, he over eats(seen the threads on here where alot of parents have this problem with there AS children) and we do watch what he eats and we are constantly on him about his food. She says to stop all the acidy foods. She is right but its damn hard and i am trying, we stopped his coke intake and crisp (salt and vinegar)but she says when dh was young he learnt what could harm him and stopped eating those types of foods.

Hey!! DH does not have AS, K does not learn from past mistakes, he cant tell whats good for him or not thats where we try and help out and guide him. Silly statement that he should learn what is good for him or not, that just goes to show you that she is not listening to me when i tell her about his difficulties. If he learnt from past mistakes he would learn to look before crossing the road, learn not to play with fire the list is endless!!!

Am I being oversenstive here?? :crying:

justamom

Im lucky i havent got a mum in law to do my head in.Ive jsut got a mother who gets on my nerves at times with daft remarks.

Her favourite is why dont you leave him all pooed up then hes bound to start wipeing his backside coz itll upset him !!!!!!!!!!!!!! No matter how many times i say he dont give a toss if hes full of cr*p it never sinks in.Least you can shove the phone down on her.My mum once locked me in the car with her whilst she went on about where i was going wrong and how if i did this or that hed not be AS no more.

So no youre not being oversensative.

My son has terrible dry skin it was suggested i give omega threee oils but i kept forgetting.You do its only normal when youve everything else going on.

We aint perfect.

>:D<<'>