Sign in to follow this  
Guest Frangipani

Surf's up because of Cyclone Wati

Guest hallyscomet

Hello from Australia >:D<<'>

We have had the most enormous surf from Wollongong all the way to Newcastle on New South Wales North Coast because of the Cyclone Wati. Didn't get down to the beach to take my own photo's as you know the week I have been having, but on the front page of the Manly Daily was this photo.

Look at the size of the wave to the surfer, the waves in some areas were 5 - 8 metres high.

Unfortunately commitments kept me away from the beach that day, and they only lasted one day usually they are 1 - 2 metres on an excellent day 3 metres

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/the-da...3441148683.html

Hailey

http://www.newsphotos.com.au/ImageDetail.asp?RefNum=20996362

some how lost this one so just added it back in. Just found another too

http://www.newsphotos.com.au/ImageDetail.asp?RefNum=21005333

Cheers

Hailey :o

Edited by hallyscomet

Thats amazing....u r so lucky living there!

Mind you i would never get anything done, i could watch the waves all day, i find them very theraputic!

:D ..........wow............incredible............you live in a truly beautiful place.........send some sun over here..........please :pray:

Guest hallyscomet
:D ..........wow............incredible............you live in a truly beautiful place.........send some sun over here..........please :pray:

Oohh we are having a cold snap at the moment. In my winter woolies and warm socks. Last night it dipped down to 14 degrees a bit of a shock to the system when its been 25-29degrees, makes me realise how cold it is over there. I love the cool change, its nice to snuggle up with the heater I think it will get up to 23 today, it is sunny so here I will blow some warm air.

Our weather tends to play tricks on us, many times in Autumn we pull out the doonas and winter woolies and put away the summer gear only to be hit with another heat spell, followed by another cold snap.

BBBBBBBlllllllllllllllllrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I am not used to this cold. Hope it warms up again for Kirstie so she can go swimming as the surf temperature was 27degrees in summer, its probably about 19-21 degrees, the water is warm its getting out thats cold.

Okay I can here the sighs what do I know about cold :lol::lol::lol:

Signing off before I get in trouble :rolleyes: Oh, I just put another photo taken at Narrabeen Beach that day, have a look in the first post, an even better photo. :o

Hailey

Edited by hallyscomet

Guest hallyscomet

I just added two more pictures to the first post.

one at Manly an the other at Narrabeen Beach

H

Hi Hailey,

Fantastic pictures!

My Mum and Dad are flying out to Sydney this evening to celebrate their 50th Anniversary, my sister and I are taking them to Heathrow to wave them off. They will be in Australia for 5 weeks and use Sydney as a base. I darent tell them its turning cold!

Lorainexx

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Lorraine,

No they will be fine, we have these cold snaps and then the weather goes back and surprises us with temperatures around the high 20's again, the cold won't settle in really until June or July. (I hope for your parents sake)

http://sydney247.com.au/weather.asp

Here you go there is a forecast over the next 4 days, just like I said, more warm weather. :D water is still nice to swim in.

Hailey >:D<<'>