Sign in to follow this  
Jadensmum

An update and Great North Run

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted for a couple of months (spent a lot of time lurking) for one reason or another.

Jaden started a mainstream nursery at the end of January and is doing really well. He is moving on to stage 3 of PECS soon :clap:

I'm getting married :wub: but that's another story!

Anyway, my other half has talked me into doing the Great North Run in October. We have a place and are raising money for The National Autistic Society. :)

Now, this is no mean feat for me...the last time I did any kind of running was at school (which seems many years ago) and we start training this week :wacko:

I know it's not the done thing to go around begging for sponsorship money here there and everywhere but Baddad and the other mods have kindly allowed me to post. :thumbs:

Please go to the following webpage and sponsor us if you can: www.justgiving.com/jamesanddenise

We have to raise a minimum of ?350 - but I will be glad if we just hit that as I don't know that many people! :lol:

Thanks everyone and I will let you all know how I'm getting on.

Denisex

Hey....congratulations on the marriage front. As for the Great North Run...rather you than me! Good luck.

Oh..did I mention my next field of research? It will be about joggers ni...OK, maybe not (Sheepish looking phas departs thread)

Hi all -

a 'serious' bit from the mods...

As denise has pointed out, she did ask before posting. Thanks for that, denise...

We did have some concerns about enabling a sponsorship post - namely to do with how pledges would be collected 'anonymously' (both from the sponsors and denise's perspective) and with authentication of the proposed event. As denise's post links to a sponsor form outside of the forum with independent administration, it was felt we could allow the post.

We do have to advise, however that in enabling the post the mod/admin team do not imply any direct endorsement or authentication of the event, nor any liability for pledges that arise as a result of the link...

I think that covers everything, but will come back and re-edit later if anything else comes to mind :lol::lol:

Now, 'moddie' bit over, very VERY best with the run, denise and co, and we hope you hit your target...

L&P

The mod team

Thanks Phas :thumbs:

Must admit, running really isn't my thing (and thanks to my "friend" who was the first one to sponsor me and left a message about my wobbly bum!) :hypno:

Wow Denise you are so brave! I've lived in Newcastle all my life and the thought of RUNNING to South Shields doesn't bear thinking about .......... now running FROM South Shields that I would do gladly! :lol::lol::lol:

Shall pledge some money seeing as it's for an extremely good cause. Good luck and remember ...... you can walk if you like!

ASD fun run and you still have time to catch a man and marry him.

You must be made of strong stuff to manage all of that!!

Excellent news hope everything goes well. I hope the training for the fun run goes well

Jen