Sign in to follow this  
annie

Credit card fraud

Hi All,

I received a letter from my bank this morning, from their Fraud Detection Dept. It asked me to contact them, which I did. Somebody has got hold of my card details :o . They tried to use my card for this -

Mobile phone pre-pay 2 x ?60.00

Mobile phone pre-pay 2 x ?60.00

Big high street and online store ?507.89

Internet girly dating membership :o ?6.99

In person, yesterday afternoon in a restaurant ?5.00

Thankfully, I never use my card so it was picked up straight away and my card has been cancelled. So a big thank you to my bank for sorting everything out :notworthy::notworthy: .

It's a scarey thought that somebody has been doing this.

Annie

xx

Guest hallyscomet

There is a huge problem over here at the moment apparently the Merchants are not checking the signatures on the card against the credit advice slip that is signed.

The A Current Affairs tv program went into half a dozen places with a credit card that wasnt theirs and signed Ronald McDonald :lol::lol: in big bold signature and got away with it all 6 times. :devil: scary.

So they are now saying that shop owners will have to where the debt if this fraud continues. :lol:

About time.

You were lucky Annie that the bank acted in your favour. A friend of mine did a transaction on ebay with her credit card for a "Collectors Item" book and they made the transaction using her card twice and she also didnt receive the book in the end, and she had no luck getting the money back from the bank, no chance because of a fake IP address.

So you were lucky.

H.

Annie, wow, thank goodness your bank picked up on it.

How scary that someone can get your details so easily? How did they do it?

Lauren

Annie what a relief, we had something similar a year ago, hubbies statement had several transactions over ?1,000 pounds on it that were,nt his.The bank were very helpful and sorted it out.It,s such a worry nowadays thing I,ll have to buy myself a shredder :(

H

We have something called 'Chip and PIN' over here now which means that you enter a PIN number into a machine rather than signing anything. Some older cards are not 'Chip and PIN 'enabled, so Annie either had an older type card or someone has stolen/guessed her PIN number.

Online fraud is increasing as it is getting harder to commit fraud in person.

Simon

I don't know how they did it. I've still got the card. I've never used it, apart from Sunday to buy my George Michael concert tickets, which is a weird coincidence :blink: . Whoever got the details used it twice last week before I ever used it.

Annie

xx

NO NO Annie.......please.........this does,nt affect the george tickets does it???..........they won,t cancel the transaction will they...........oh the misery.............I,ve heard there going on ebay for ooooh ?400..........can you believe it ...........lucky were sorted hey >:D<<'>

That was what I thought the bank were talking about. Then they reeled off the other amounts :o . So, the George Michael tickets are safe :thumbs::dance::clap:

xx

. So, the George Michael tickets are safe

xx

Awww hun, i'm so sorry......

WHOOPS! Did I quote the wrong bit there???

DOH!! :devil::devil:;)

BD >:D<<'>