Sign in to follow this  
katkin

wretched nvq3 ccld

As some of you know I have recently started working for the Portage service (last Oct) and as part of the conditions of being offered the job had to agree to do the nvq. Local college offer the course through distance learning with Cache as the examining body and I started in Feb.

This is the new style course, to date I have been given reams of those puerile activity sheets - 27 activities for the 3rd module alone - plus other accounts etc to be done in 20 days. The assessor does no planning with me, just dumps this load of work and runs. She seems to have no idea as to the specifics of my job, does not understand that I do not work in a setting. I was told and my manger also that the course could be adapted to the differences of my work, so far the only adapting has been me to the excessive demands of the assessor.

I have a meeting at the college on Monday to discuss this and other problems. I know other people are not happy with this assessor also. So can the differences in the workplaces be taken into account? How much written work should there be? How many activity sheets is it possible to do? Do I really have to make up this posters as on some of these sheets or am I just an intellectual snob? Sorry to have written so much but I feel a bit nvq'd out! Anybody else doing this course who can give me advice - it's not usually me on this side of a meetig - I'm normally the one running it!

Thanks, Kat

Bid, please get started on nvq!! It will make me feel better. Best bit is when I questioned the validity of doin some of these activities the college rang up my manager and told her that I was refusing to do the work!! I am quite happy to do the nvq as I realsie that I will have to have a qualification in early years but is it really necessary for me to put together a health pack for 12-16yrs about substance misuse, sex, etc etc. I only work with preschoolers. And this piggy tutor has no understanding of anything beyond the typically developing chid - now that makes me fume!!!! Yours - bloodpressure rising, Kat

Guest flutter

dont get that Katkin

cos all my stuff has to stop at age 8?

what exactly is course?

Thanks for your pms Flutter. Course is nvq level3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development. Examined by Cache. I have looked on other sites and most seem to be only going up to age 8, this course came in in November 2005 and is apparently the one all will be doing in the future. However I seem to be the only one doing it at the moment. 90% of it is irrelevant to my working practice. Text book I have is by Penny Tassoni and published by Heinemann and is also rubbish as does not have any cross referencing to course units at all so have to wade through loads of text in the vain hope you find what you looking for. I feel serious words coming on to have with my assessor and internal verifier tomorrow. Alas they have never seen me in Rottweiler Woman mode!!! Love Kat

Guest flutter

ok have found this dunno if it any help ooh forgot to say u need tog right to the bottom and open pdf thingsy

but am soooo glad i not doin this course

need to finish mine this month tho :(

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/9...g___Devt_L3.pdf

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/nvq/earlyyears/3/ccld/

the first one may help you for evidence if u need it when discussing the situation with u tutor

take care and good luck

C x

Edited by flutter

Thanks Flutter, have trawled through that lot and got a few statements I can use. Am currently making my "bullets" ready for firing tomorrow! Kat