Brook

Different Sensory

Hi all,

Whilst trawling for something tonight, I came across a VERY interesting article by,

Olga Bogdashina.

I know that Zemanski heard this lady give a talk and said it was brilliant,

well this article is excellent.

I'm pretty sure I've read it before and may well have already put it up somewhere :wacko:

this article mentions alot of the things that have been on recent threads, so I thought I'd

put it up again for anyone wanting a read.

It's quite long, but well worth a read.

Well, thats my opinion.

http://www.autismtoday.com/articles/Differ...Experiences.htm

Brook :D

Guest hallyscomet

Thanks Lauren

This is brilliant, this explains stuff about my son I have been trying to get across to the professionals at my sons college.

Will email them a copy as the Head Teacher is struggling on how to know how to help him and Disabilities in the past were useless, in giving him any support.

Perhaps if they have a read of this, they will understand so much better how my son ticks. >:D<<'>

He has his 1st meeting tomorrow after a break for 12 months so this time I am not holding any details back.

As you may remember when we first enrolled him into the course, on of the Disabilities support people said to me she was leaving certain aspects of his condition out of the enrollment application saying QUOTE: "You do want to get him into the course dont you". So I am not holding any details back this time as I want there honest opinion and I am going to put them on the spot, to come right out and tell me 'this course is not for him" and if they do, I am going to put the pressure on them, well, what are you going to do to help him, what else can you offer. :wallbash:

Wish me luck. Thanks for this Lauren as it explains everything.

Regards

Hailey :D

Wish me luck. Thanks for this Lauren as it explains everything.

Lauren?? :unsure::unsure: Hailey I'm Brook, but I dont mind you calling me

Lauren :lol::lol::lol:

And I can still wish you luck. :pray::pray::pray:>:D<<'>

Brook :D

Guest hallyscomet

Sorry Brook,

Still waking up :lol::lol::lol: haven't had my morning coffee :oops:

Thanks Brook, >:D<<'>

Regards

Hailey :o

Great article have skim read, will digest when have more time tonight

Interesting how so many of the peopel actively involved in autism have family members with ASD or have ASD themselves. Lorna Wing for one springs to mind

Lx

the book is worth investing in - and it has a very useful sensory profile at the back

one of these days we'll get sensory issues recognised in the diagnostic criteria

Z

That's a long read but I'm glad I stuck with it. Certainly explains a lot in a very accessible way and I can definitely see bits and pieces that apply to this ASD bod