Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lya of the Nox

exams

Guest flutter

end of year exams start monday :(

i have made a study plan, and hopefully she will do some with support, but i am anxious, it is gonna be in a formal manner, in the hall and some are an hour long, and i not sure she will cope with it all the change ect

do i wait and see how it goes afore talking to school, get the results keep a diary of the cr*p we get at home, ( maybe another smashed Door pane, plastic tho )

the iep thread reminded me that school said they would do one for her, i not seen and i not gonna be involved, is this normal?

cos she asd does that means she should have one as a matter of course?

soz not been around soo much, been very busy with work and stuffs, cos my mate wiv cancer is my boss too, and i still supposed to be essaying, not enough hours in my life,

C }i{ x

as a child with additional needs your child is entitled to a certain criteria of help, this should include the offer of extra time if needed, a quiet area with no distractions to do exam in, frequent breaks to destress, a scribe if needed, someone to read the questions if needed, someone to encourage them to stay on task and remind them of time elapsed/left and more. you may have to ask/remind them of this and be careful they dont ask your child if they want it or not. they should be guided by you

Hi Flutter as you may know, I am over in Dublin ,but my son is doing his state exams in a room on his own with a supervisor/reader that he knows ( school counseller) and it's all being kept as informal as possible to minimise stress. He does them on a laptop and then the supervisor prints it off anything that needs to be wriiten is scribed by her also. It has made things a lot easier for him.

Usually on day one everyone has to gather in the main hall for rules and instructions but the school even got him excused from this.I couldn't believe things were going his way for a change and at last feel that he is and his AS is now understood.

Edited by asereht