Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Homework

Well, I can certainly say Martin's SENCO has her head screwed on right. All the kids had to do a project over the school hols and Martin and Homework are usually never heard in the same sentence with any degree of happiness :( .............but this time she suggested Martin do his project on Kim Peeks (who is one of Martin's heroes :notworthy: ) and he did a superb project ....... he really covered it well and included a bit about Autism and Savants. Hope he gets a good mark (fingers crossed :D )

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

Hi daisy -

I think Kim Peeks is an excellent subject for a school project. Did he write about the partnership with Albert Freans, and the first ever bourbon biscuit factory... the ratio of sultana to sugar in the prototype garibaldi?

What?

Oh, not that Kim Peeks?

Really? Rainman? Oh THAT Kim Peeks...

Well done Martin, and if he doesn't get 10 out of 10 for originality/interesting subject matter then my...

erm....... I'm a Dutchman's Uncle!

Any chance you could PM me a copy - I promise won't 'crib' :lol:

L&P

BD :D

Um.. excuse my ignorance but who is Kim Peeks? :huh:

He am de bloke they based rainman on, and the inventor of the Custard Cream...

one of the above isn't true...

Kim Peeks. Baddad stares blatantly ;)

L&P

BD

He wasn't a twin by any chance, was he?

All the educational books on ASCs say to use special interests to promote motivation to learn and self-esteem - wish more schools would take that on board.

I had a kid in Y1 once and he didn't connect with very much at all but if I gave him a 'my little pony' task he could acheive no end - when everyone else was completing 'I was walking down the street when suddenly...' he did ' The pony was galloping across the field when suddenly...' and writing 2 levels above any other child in the class. It makes such a huge difference.

Z

My schools did exactly the opposite. They believed in deliberately giving me stuff that wasn't my special interest in order to broaden my horizons.