Sign in to follow this  
lisann

Sleep

Going to do a bit of moaning chick peas.Char has been a terable sleeper since 9 months old now 4.5.We have tried everything sleep diaries lavender oil, room sprays,herbal meds, vel something from ped anti histameen thingy then some differnet anti his' stuff. :blink:

We then tried dizapam made him angry and nasty next day. :fight: The only thing that works at getting him to sleep is Melatonin and that's at the max dose.We hate drugging him but it got really bad.We have now been told to give him rest days off the melatonin such as one day a week off ok we tried tonight.He is still up buzzing like a good un normally spark out by 8.30 latest.I wouldn't mind but he still won't sleep tho' he will be up at least three times in night and up for good at 4am :( if we are lucky but is more like 3am lately.We have now got all on sundery in to help us we get 8 hours a month DD which we use to send him out to sleep for the nite.SW and CP and Steps have devised a plan to start in 6 weeks hols to try to determin if he is sleep deprived or if he is just a child who doesn't need sleep. The plan umm I am not sure about this one to put him to bed later which we have started beging of the week use to go at 7pm now goes at 7.45pm still doesn't make a diff tho' but they know best.The next stage 6 week hols is called planned awakening,we set our alarm and wake him slightly just before he would normally wake WHAT ARE THEY CRAZY!!! :angry:

Anyway moan over do they know what they are doing I ask ya :huh:

Lisa x

--------------------

There is always light at the end of the tunnel