Sign in to follow this  
Tilly

Mild, moderate or severe

Does anyone know what the guidelines are relating to the banding of difficulties.

My dd can read and write has some general knowledge but non of these are age appropriate. I would say she was about 3 - 4 years behind her peers. She can do quite a few things independently washing, getting dressed, going to the toilet etc.

On one of her reports it was written that she had moderate ld but on another it said severe :blink: and this was from the same department!

Has anyone elses child got learning difficulties as well as ASD.

Tilly

Luke has learning difficulties. Many children with an ASD have an uneven profile. I would say that Luke's profile ranges from mild to severe learning difficulties.

Lauren

Kids all develop at different rates. Developmental milestones are approximate at their best and artificial at their worst. Therefore having an uneven profile is all relative to the society defined average. It is important to identify if a learning difficulty is a result of being behind the developmental milestone, or whether it is a result of the teaching style and techniques used. They are very different but easily confused conditions.

Check out this for late readers

http://www.freedom-in-education.co.uk/newsletter06/may06.htm

and this for obsessions and problems at school

http://www.asd-forum.org.uk/forum/index.ph...6&hl=obsessions

hello i was just told that last week they said that she is about the age of a child of 4 years 5 month she is 6 years 6 months they done a test and said out of 67 children 66 her age would get it right 1 would get it wrong she got it wrong she as been haveing test evey week for 6 weeks now last lot on thrusday i think then they will know how bad she is they all so said they cant understand how she as managed this far she coupes what other children do and that how she manages she wasdx aspergers on the 12 april all the best jill

hi, my son has dyslexia and dyspraxia as well as ASD visual and auditory processing problems too.It says on his statement he has severe learning difficulties, I,ve never known the criteria for banding their learning difficulties, I,d like to know too.