Sign in to follow this  
cial

meeting with school

I`ve got a meeting on Thursday at my sons school with the clinical co-ordinator and learning support teacher and his guidance teacher, I`m a bit nervous as i don`t know what to expect from the outcome of this meeting. He`s just been dx as having aspergers. He`s 16 and hes in 5th year in scotland.

i`m a total novice when it comes to this

Hi Cial,

I've been new to this as well - she was formally diagnosed at the end of last year (Nov) although the school had been told in the September - since then we've had about 5 or 6 review meetings and I never thought I'd have to learn so many abbreviations (EWO/LEA/SEN/CPN/Ed.Pysch etc) so quickly.

I don't really know whether your meeting is for something else but generally I always write down anything that I'm particularly concerned with regarding school in general/breaks/lessons/homework etc and areas where she is having any problems so that I can mention these. I definitely would take someone with you if you can as two heads are better than one (if you know what I mean).

Take care and good luck,

Jb