Helen_1980

Appealing to SENDIST

I am about to appeal to SENDSIT for the first time. I was told by our Parent Partnership that as soon as the final statement document came through, to contact the Parent Partnership and they would go through what to do. I am not sure where to get the forms.

Are you going to use a solicitor or IPSEA ? There is anothe organistion called SEN SOS or something like that , has anyone heard of them ?

Daisydot

Thanks for replies. I am finding it impossible to get through to IPSEA at the moment! I have heard of SOS!SEN - I went to one of their workshops on SEN and tribunals, etc.

I just wrote to the responsible officer (named officer on the statement) saying I wished to appeal.

IPSEA have some downloadable letters on the website - there should be an appeals one

If you phone Sendist on 01325 392 555 they will send you the forms straightaway and will answer any questions you have about the process. Obviously they have to be neutral, but I found them very efficient and helpful.

If you are appealing keep an eye on the deadlines. You have two months from the date of the official LEA letter to put your appeal in. At this stage it's only a matter of filling in a form giving brief reasons for your appeal. You can do this on your own, or contact IPSEA or the NAS to help you with this if you aren't sure what to put.

K x