mum22boys

Visual Calendars

Hi,

I went on my younger son's school trip yesterday to a farm. In the gift shop i found a wooden monthly calendar which is ideal as a visual calendar. It came with 140 magnets which showed things like getting new shoes, haircut, dentist, doctor, school trip, school play, sports day.....

I didn't know if anyone is looking for a visual calendar and can't find a suitable one. I tried making one but it was not as sucessful as I would have liked.

The company that distributes it are Flair. their website is www.flairplc.co.uk (sorry can't do links!!!!) Their phone no is 0845 456 1775 or they can be e-mailed at Melissa&Doug@flairplc.co.uk

Hope no one minded me putting all those details on the site. But I thought there may be some of you that might be interested.

mum22boys

Ps I haven't looked at the site so don't know what is on there.

Just had a look at the site - thanks. The calendars are by Melissa & Doug who do some fantastic wooden learning toys. Theres a caledar and responsibility planner on the site - quite like the look of the second one for my four year old LOL

Lynne x

Ooh we've got one!

I'm the only one who takes much interest in it unfortunately but it's a great idea and lovely and well made.

Yes they are lovely.

M is very keen on his at the moment. We have the whole month plotted out. Even better that, as he can't read we have made up what a few of them mean to us.

mum22boys

Yeah we have one of those, by Melissa & Doug ... it cost ?19.99. I think ours was from a Garden Centre with a toy section. Melissa & Doug toys are great, we have loads ... and they are guaranteed not to break etc. and the customer service you receive from this company is brilliant.

It is really useful, my son loves his, we are constantly updating it.

Another thing M&D make which some kids might find useful ... they make a wooden board with all different kinds of fastenings on it, like laces, buckles, zips, poppers etc ... again, I think it costs ?19.99 or so, but it really helped my son with dressing himself.

hi, just looked at the site, some great stuff. I wonder where I can get a similar item for an adult, I thought about buying star stickers to put on certain dates as reminders but what I really want are the visual cues, I drew one the other day with a picture of my son in comic strip style but isnt there something on the market like this, if anyone knows of this kind of item I would be interested to know?

Edited by gladysmay

Hi Gladysmay

Not sure what the site was called but a while ago someone posted about a site they had created which produced visual calendars. I did look at her website at the time and she made them to order to what you need.

Someone else may remember and be able to point you in the right direction, if not i can only suggest you look back at the posts.

mum22boys