justamom

It's official I'm a worry wart

Had app with CAMHS today, it started off really badly with Keegan refusing to enter the building because I wanted to show our liason officer the lyrics to S.O.S (posted a while ago)because this is the way that he feels.

Mr L had to fetch Keegan from outside the building and eventually conducted there consulation in the garden. Because keegan was angry with me most of the comment were about me, 40mins later and they return and Mr L tells me what they spoke about and it turns out that Keegan feels that i'm a worry wart (his words),he says that he is the only child with a earlier curfew than his mates, i ring him or txt him constantly and i should not worry so much because his friends think i worry to much. Imust worry about him at school but not at home????

I told Mr L that none of his friends have AS, they have a sense of danger, the can cross the road without being hooted at for just crossing and not looking they have street smarts he doesnt. If they say they are going to Jack house they go to Jacks house not to Johns house.

I know that i am over-protective but i feel i have to be how do you balance it out with stifling them.... I feel today like am a cr*p mother that i failed him because last week the SENCO said that maybe his behaviour is or could be attributed to me I am just being oversensitive i guess but it still packs a punch....

Justamom >:D<<'> The ###### mothers are the ones who DONT worry!!your doing your best and being a great mum,dont base anything on what someone who doesnt know you thinks,sometimes professionals always want to blame us,saves them having to think of a deeper reason!!Just means they dont understand ASD's and need a way to get out of its complexitys,if its any consolation i am too protective of India for her own good at times,but if we dont protect them than no-one will do they.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> When things are difficult it's easy to blame ourselves. Mr L wasn't saying that you were over-protective or a worry wart he was just reporting back Keegan's feelings. I think sometimes we are oversensitive and think professionals are frowning upon us when they aren't. As for letting go, it's difficult, but could Keegan's friends look out for him crossing the road, and for any other dangers? I know A's friends look out for him when they are out together and have done since they were about Keegan's age.

Thanks for your replies, yes i am being oversensitive at the moment you are right and i must not take this personally i do me best and thats what counts....

Thanks!!!!