Sign in to follow this  
minerva

ohhhhh noooooooooooo

I'm just getting things ready for my trip to Fairford this weekend (www.airtattoo.com)

I go every year for my birthday and love it loads....my favourite plane is a Harrier.....

anyway!!!

Was just watching the news & there was a news flash that a Harrier GR9 has just crashed on its way there

The pilot ejected & is alive but injured but thats all they know for the minute :tearful:

Oh Minerva, I caught a snippet of this on the news, but wasn't listening fully. Thank god he got out ok. Planes give me the eebee jeebees.......wouldn't catch me on one for love nor money :unsure: .....quite ridiculous considering I used to be in the RAF :rolleyes: Hope the pilot makes a good recovery and your day out goes well :D

Edited by Bagpuss

i live at raf cottesmore where the harrier was from - hubby fixes the harriers so i did ask him if he had worked on it at all!!! thank goodness everyone was alright

Caught a sky news ticker tape after leaving first post and said no injuries to pilot or civilians. Wonderful news :D Minerva, have a ball with the eebee jeebee planes...... :D

Have a great time. Harriers are great but I have a soft spot for the Tomcats, pity it's a US aircraft

(spot the nerd who spent too long with the ATC)

well its a US air base so lots of their planes are there too :D

no f14 tomcats tho....they did have the f16 and f18....along with a loaddddddd of other amazing planes from all over the world.....including the mig29 OMG that plane is fantastic!