Sign in to follow this  
onlycrazygal

isolation

my son connah 10yrs is so desperately isolated, he go s to thai boxing once a week also a afterschool club once a week.....an thats that.......

sometimes i could cry my eyes out for him hes been without friends now for almost 3yrs......since his dx ive found a couple of aspie groups 2 of them are too far away and one of them has said they will get back to me, his afterschool club (though he doesnt attend school) long story.....breaks up next week , and then what??? another summer over , he wont play outside as he fears flying objects, he wont sleep alone, he still wont go to the loo on his own, still wont wear clothes ......corrrrr i just dont know how to move on.....sorry guys, but ss are still on my case, LEA , still refuse to assess him.....sol is doing all he can but blummin eck we wait and wait and wait.....im not sure where the hell to turn anymore. isolation is affecting me too.......my disability is worse than ever ive lost touch with the outside world, all that used to be familiar is changing around me, new shops, buildings knocked down, i didnt even know ..........

must we spend our lives waiting , i really dont know anymore, 4 yrs ive been isolated i wonder if i will ever be part of the big wide world anymore or if i will recognise it.......

sorry to be so down..... :(

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> just want you to know you're not isolated here!

Anna x

Edited by aro

Have you had a social services assessment carried out of YOUR needs? You are a primary carer here and therefore have every right to respite care for your benifit (I appreciate this may take time for your son to accept). Request one and see what help you can get...has he had the same done for himself? If not smae rules apply as such. I know you say you've had a rough time from them BUT they have certain obligations toward your needs.

thanks phasmid,

no we havent had assessments, the ss are saying we wont fit there criteria anyway, everyone is telling us the same thing, though i believe i was put off from the start 18mths ago.....

i sent a written request 3 months ago it was ignored, i sent another through my solicitor about 6 weeks ago, still heard nothing, though i did state at the end of the letter to let me know if there was to be any delay......banging my head against a wall :wallbash:

hugs,

paula

Paula >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hang in there...easier said than done I know. I'm not sure who you could contact re finding things for your son to take part in....NAS? would they know of anything local that your son could attend or both of you? What Phasmid has said is spot on, your needs have to be assessed too. I filled in a carers assessment for the SS, and can only say that I found them to be really helpful and supportive....so, so sorry it's not been the same for you :(

Take care >:D<<'>

Edited by Bagpuss