Sign in to follow this  
clintess

not really 2 do with asd

ive just got my child psychology diploma and currently working on a child day care diploma(ive also got 7 gcse @ e grade,didnt take it seriously back then) and i also want to take a pc course,any ideas what jobs i could get @ mo with what ive already got please

ive just got my child psychology diploma and currently working on a child day care diploma(ive also got 7 gcse @ e grade,didnt take it seriously back then) and i also want to take a pc course,any ideas what jobs i could get @ mo with what ive already got please

you can work as a TA and any school would be thrilled to have you! You can also work as a SENco in a nursey. If you go the school route then you could get sponcership for more training and possibly upgrade the diploma to a degree with the OU.

congratz and well done!

TA is the first thing that came to mind; it can be a great way to get volumes of experience - sometimes a baptism of fire. Or there are now coming up other sorts of jobs, Surestart (they have a website) and may be better for you with your diploma, Home/school link workers. Portage is great, lots of exPortage people go on to be Area Sencos (which would be good if you would like to educate schools about ASD........!) Look on your county website at jobs though there may not be many school based ones at the mo. In October time when schools realize that some children need 1:1 more are advertised then.

I couldn't do any other kind of job now! Love Kat

Sorry just realised that your GCSEs, don't worry, the fact that you've proved you can study since will count for more. If you work with children you may find that you will be required to do an NVQ now, and that isn't as bad as it seems (nearly 3/4 through mine now - yay) Experience counts for more, how about volunteering in a school or Brownies/cubs? My music o level has never been a consideration in any job I've been for but the fact I worked for 4 yrs in a tough residential school did. Kat