Polleke T

Relations

Thinking of the future, we (parents of a daughter with Asperger) are asking ourselves what the future will bring. Does anybody has experience with this subject? At the moment my daughter has a boyfriend. She's allways very stricktly in choosing her friends. She lives on her own. The problem is that we cannot understand her. That's the difficulty for us and for her. She doesn't known what making relations mean for us and we don't know her feelings about the subject of getting on with a relationship.

Has anybody examples ?

hello polleke,welcome to the site,i have no experience of this as steve is only 13,just wanted to say hello and someone will give you some advice soon love hev

Hi Polleke.

I am an adult with AS, and I am married. Some of the parents who post here realise that they have some autistic traits as well. It's definitely possible for autistics to have relationships.

Hi Tally,

I'm very glad that you are a married adult. It sounds a bit stupid but I hope you understand what I mean. I wish for my daughter that she will be happy in the future. It's very nice that AS people react because they are the experts. And when I ask my daughter about it she might not understand what my intention is. Normally for people with AS. That some parents have some autistic traits as well, well as a father I have often asked myself what the cause is of AS. At first you think if it's something you've done wrong as a father or mother. And looking at myself I see some authistic traits.