Sign in to follow this  
clintess

need advice

my ds2 has being seeeing the speacilist pead since he was two,she dx him about 6 mths ago as asd.when she first said he maybe i was shocked(ws ignorant about the condition).since when she first said about it which was a year ago or more i feel she hasnt really helped.(she also sees ds1 since he was 2)adhd she is brill but asd she seems confused on.she tested his motor skills for possiable dypraxia and says he is fine but on her latest report she has put for his dx:complex neurodevelopmental difficulties/asd and sleep disturbance(he has sleep probs since he was 6 mths)

she the goes in the report no significant problems with motor-co ordination.

she laso the last two times conflicted herself when discussing him ie he is hypeactivity then goes on and says he isnt adhd as well.

my friends,family and husband think i should get a second opinion we are not not agreeing with dx as we belive he is asd but what we are not agreeing with is she is conflicting herself and regarding ds2 agression she just says he is asd that part of the condition,he always be asd no magic pill for that and sorry i cant help.

my nephew is hf asd but is not agressive .

i looked on gosh site and they do accept referrals from gps.they also do an iq test and various other practial stuff regarding speech etc with ds2 as probs with.

so what do you all think should i get a second opinion? i still have to see this doc for my other son will she get the hump over it?

help.

my ds2 has being seeeing the speacilist pead since he was two,she dx him about 6 mths ago as asd.when she first said he maybe i was shocked(ws ignorant about the condition).since when she first said about it which was a year ago or more i feel she hasnt really helped.(she also sees ds1 since he was 2)adhd she is brill but asd she seems confused on.she tested his motor skills for possiable dypraxia and says he is fine but on her latest report she has put for his dx:complex neurodevelopmental difficulties/asd and sleep disturbance(he has sleep probs since he was 6 mths)

she the goes in the report no significant problems with motor-co ordination.

she laso the last two times conflicted herself when discussing him ie he is hypeactivity then goes on and says he isnt adhd as well.

my friends,family and husband think i should get a second opinion we are not not agreeing with dx as we belive he is asd but what we are not agreeing with is she is conflicting herself and regarding ds2 agression she just says he is asd that part of the condition,he always be asd no magic pill for that and sorry i cant help.

my nephew is hf asd but is not agressive .

i looked on gosh site and they do accept referrals from gps.they also do an iq test and various other practial stuff regarding speech etc with ds2 as probs with.

so what do you all think should i get a second opinion? i still have to see this doc for my other son will she get the hump over it?

help.

i have simailar problems but cant get 2nd child diagnosed he is so autistic, hand flapping and everything else they cant seem to see what is in front of their eyes. 1st son dx asd,adhd,dyspraxia,sensory integration dysfunction. anyway thats a different story. does your ds2 go to school, what do they say about his innattention,hyperactivity,aggression. school needs to back you up. just note everything down you notice and show paed each time you go, eventually they will listen. all my 3 go to same paed, 1st child agree with diagnosis, 2nd dont and 3rd is only 2. do think it is generally harder to get a 2nd child diagnosed for some reason, like its unheard of or something. PARENTS KNOW BEST, thats all i know. if you had read about adhd and thought that sounded like your child you would be right. just it can take years to get the evidence and diagnosis which is the most frustrating things for parents. my paedsaid my 2nd child has no motor problems, why then is he nearly 6, cant feed or dress himself or hold a pencil let alone right. i think these proffessional need to retrain or read a bit more half of them dont seem to have a clue. paed said 2nd didnt fit on spectum at home we live with asd every day and 2nd child has worse autism behaviours. doesnt quite add up. anyway have you thought about these assessment centres where they assess child all day at a centre and diagnose at end.needs nhs referal though. i know as parents you have the right to an nhs second opinion.

I see the 2nd child syndrome all the time, the paeds often put it down to copied behaviour, tell me how a child of four with no language, very little communication and still in nappies can be copying his as brother. do they put of the dx because of funding issues ?

hi guys,she has given him a dx of asd which doing research we totally agree with,summertime my ds2 is like that. what i cant understand is that she wont help regarding his agression.she just keeps saying its part of his condition which isnt alot of help my ds2 has already scarred my ds3 face with his outbursts. i see on the gosh site they do seem to do more pratical tests etc and maybe wondered if they could give a clearer dx on his asd and his learning difficulties(he can barely write at seven and cant read) but pead thinks he has no learning difficulties dispite the school going for a statment this coming year.

so am i doing the right thing about getting a refferal via gp?

i just feel she isnt on the ball all she keeps saying is there is no magic pill and sorry i cant help,beginning to wonder why he sees her cause i tell her the difficulties for half hour or so and thats always how it ends.