Sign in to follow this  
lil_me

Tonight channel 4 at 9pm

Secret Life of the Classroom

Looks interesting , documentary following the first few months of a childs first year in school.

Every year over 650,000 children in Britain are dropped off for their first day at school. And now Channel 4 has been granted unprecedented access into a reception class in Bath, to see for the first time what the first year at primary school is really like, through the eyes of four and five-year-olds about to find out for themselves.

It was cute, made me feel a bit sad in some places and happy in others.

The children were hilarious though ... I would be mortified if my little boy was at school saying things like that (like how big their dad's willies are and that they were going to have sex with each other), it was all innocent but blimey ... my son has never even heard of the word sex - and I'm glad!

Just goes to show though, how you try and protect them only for another more worldly wise kid to come along and corrupt them ... my son heard a swear word at school from another 4 year old and I was livid.

I watched it and was laughing at the girl saying that her Dad's willy was soooo big, thought her Dad would be proud of her (in a macho boasting kinda way) :lol:

I was actually tearful watching the boy who's Dad had died - he really needed some support. Hubby thought it was hilarious when they were doing philosophy. Some of the replies from the children had us splitting our sides :lol:

KW

The little one who had lost his Dad reminded me and my DP so much of our son, his matter of fact speaking, the sealife knowledge, the trying to fit in but didn't know how, all really stood out, a little boy who made some great progress by the end of the filming tho which brought a tear to my eye when he went to get his sticker off the headteacher, softy aren't I

:whistle: I think many parents would be suprised what their children tell teachers and assistants, most think they don't even know the words, but trust me after helping out in schools and other things they do :lol: week before the end of term I had one mention what was mentioned on there, the little girl who came to me and said 'My Dad wears dresses' :o makes you wonder, but like the teacher said you have to be careful what you do take on board as truth/mention and what you don't. We've had a situation recently where there was illegal things mentioned and turns out the little boy was telling the truth :(

I don't think it's scheduled to be repeated, enjoyed watching it as a Mum and as someone interested in becoming a primary school teacher.