Sign in to follow this  
Stephanie

Anyone in Watford

If we were to move house - maybe to Watford area (husbands job), who would be our first point of contact with regard to schools, Ed Psy, etc etc. Would I have to contact the schools myself (if so how do I find out about them) or is it all done through our LEA?

I have done a quick Google but can't find anything appropriate.

Obviously I would need to know what resources would be available for us and what support we would get before even thinking of moving. Can anyone point me in the right direction of where to even start.

Also, if anyone lives near or around Watford, I would appreciate some advice.

Thanks,

Sorry, moved out of Watford 8 years ago and would not go back! But I would contact the LEA for schools, I know a few areas but things might have changed! My step sister still lives there.

A x

.. and I was so looking forward to you saying:-

"oh Watford is fantastic, there is a school there specifically for HFA/Aspergers kids that is really easy to get into, with a full on Ed Psy, SALT and OT team who give one to one care to your child on a daily basis. All of the children are angelic and we have never had any experience of bullying. Also there are many resources and play schemes for children, and meetings for parents, with free flowing champagne ...

Oh well! LOL. I will continue to Google!

"oh Watford is fantastic, there is a school there specifically for HFA/Aspergers kids that is really easy to get into, with a full on Ed Psy, SALT and OT team who give one to one care to your child on a daily basis. All of the children are angelic and we have never had any experience of bullying. Also there are many resources and play schemes for children, and meetings for parents, with free flowing champagne ...

Oh well! LOL. I will continue to Google!

:lol::lol::lol: I think we would all be living there if that was the case!

Hi, have you tried the PARIS site on nas website, they might have listings of schools, support groups etc, I think there is a support group nearby in Hemel Hempstead and one in Harrow? good luck!

Cue wild manic laughter :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I live in the region too, although not in Watford. Believe me, if such an autopia existed, I'd have found it long before now. :ph34r::rolleyes::wacko:

Stephanie, if I can think of anything that would be useful to you, I'll pm you.

K x

It may well be that way now! (doubt it :huh: ) I think there are SEN units, seem to remember one attatched to a school in central watford, but so many where closed nationally don't know if it survived.

Can tell you better parts of Watford if you have lots of money, it's very expensive!

Feel free to PM me if you want to know any more, oh and when we were there there was a huge problem with secondary school places, most of them had entry exams too! :o

Sorry, just don't miss the place and lived there for 16 years!

A x

Edited by aro

Hi Stephanie,

I only live about 15 miles from Watford and know the area pretty well. If you like shopping then Watford has a nice big shopping centre! Watford is quite a large and busy town, but there are much smaller and quieter areas nearby.

This is a link to a website you may find helpfull. Click on "Schools and Learning" for a list of all schools (special and mainstream) in Hertfordshire.

http://www.hertsdirect.org/

Please feel free to pm me if i can help you in any other way :rolleyes:

Loulou x