Sign in to follow this  
smiley

What would you do? After school meeting...

Hello :D

Just had a brief meeting with school. Went well - got lots of niggly-bits discussed.

Got home, and sat down to write a letter confirming what was said at meeting etc, etc as i usually do.

Thing is, it was only a brief meeting (20 mins or so) and i don't want to come across as overbearing/too pushy..... First week at new school.....

What would you do?

If it was me I wpuld probaly write a siummary of the meeting and put a covering note on it saying something like

"Hi xxxxxxxx

Thanks for your time today.

I thought it would be helpful if I write down the key points we discussed.

Are you happy with this?

"

Simon

I would write the letter, it's important to have a paper trail. It's not about being overbeaing or pushy, it's about putting your interpretation of the meeting in writing, it also saves any misunderstanding.

Good luck.

Nellie xx

I would write the letter, it's important to have a paper trail. It's not about being overbeaing or pushy, it's about putting your interpretation of the meeting in writing, it also saves any misunderstanding.

I'm with nellie on this one too ...best to have a writtwen note of the meeting - start as you mean to go on

Glad you got some niggles sorted

I would do the letter too but make sure I got the tone right. Something along the lines of that the meeting was really useful and you are really pleased that they are going to do x, y and z because you think this will make a big difference, and that you really appreciate their help and support.

I've never thought of doing one before but has made me rethink now and would also put in writing what they have said they will do etc :thumbs: thanks for posting about this or I would have never thought of it and have an important one about his statement coming up soon.

Quick update.......

Handed the letter over yesterday - teacher approached me this morning.

'Thanks for your letter - what a great idea - your soooooooo organised - brilliant to have something in writing to refer back to - well done you!' :D:D

Hehehehe :devil::thumbs::ph34r: