Sign in to follow this  
Kathryn

The complete guide to Asperger Syndrome

Just published this month, and it looks like an expanded and updated version of the popular "Asperger Syndrome: a guide for parents and professionals" by the same author.

Judging by the review it seems to cover all the basics but is a little wider in its scope than the above book.

Topics include:

causes and indications of the syndrome; the diagnosis and its effect on the individual; theory of mind; social interaaction, including friendships; long - term relationships; teasing, bullying and mental health issues; and career development.

This is one I'll probably get, in the hope that it's a good one to thrust into the hands of family and friends who want to learn more.

K

I should be hopefully getting it this week. I have had it on order a couple of weeks from Whsmiths ( they deliver free to whsmiths store if you want for free. Its showing as invoiced, so due to be dispatched immenently ( must now be in stock, did have 2-3 weeks at 1st, then has dropped down to a few days ). I don't have the old one, so can't really compare them though.

Finally got around to getting my copy..... :rolleyes:

:notworthy: It's excellent :thumbs:

I've dipped in and out of bits - but i've read through the chapter on Sensory Sensitivities (M has SID) - It's brilliant :notworthy: .

:D