Sign in to follow this  
call me jaded

Jaded's Holiday Blog

Day One in the Big Brother House.

Mr Jaded has woken with a tummy bug, cramps and a headache. Jaded is back on the school run for the middle two.

I meet my friend in the playground and she gives me some Jersey Clotted Cream Fudge as a thank you for having one of her children the previous day whilst she lived it up (in Jersey, of course) and her husband waited for England to get beaten at cricket. She is looking more jaded than me and tells me she is going home to sleep.

Handing in my youngest son to nursery, I realise I have completely missed the fact that he was supposed to bring party food. I go home, pick up my purse and go to the corner shop, then back to school with food (throwing in the fudge as the offering seemed a bit paltry) and home again. The Entrocalms are working and Mr J is demanding 'fresh' orange juice. Palm him off with some long life stuff.

Work out why the washing machine isn't working: water has seeped down the back of worktop onto the power switch. Haul ASD Dear Son off the worktop which he has been standing on to clean the windows. Clean an amazing assortment of gunk from behind the washing machine, change the fuse and connect it to a different power source and put on the first load of the day.

Tidy up. Feel Mr Jaded's brow. Make sympathetic noises. Could I possibly stop DS from playing? He's making too much noise.

Take ASD child and baby to Tesco. My eleven year old insists on climbing inside the trolley. The baby insists on walking. We load up twelve items. At the checkout my son gets out of the trolley. He is now shoeless and tries to push the trolley up the supermarket. I stop him from doing this and insist he puts on his shoes. We get back to the car. DS thinks he should be in control of the trolley. I grab the baby and the bags from the trolley and load them into the car. DS seizes his moment and canters across the car park with his trolley, giving it a defiant extra push so that it runs into the kerb. I park it properly and spend 15 minutes strapping DS into his Houdini harness.

The promised outing to the park is still on. The baby wants to feed the ducks. Quack, quack, quack, quaaaacccckk. DS is really annoyed with me for making him do various things in the supermarket but takes against the baby and we walk to the pond with me as the baby's body guard. The ducks are too overfed from Sunday to bother swimming to us, but we throw our bread on the pond anyway. DS spies the Nature Trail and sits in the top step. I explain we have the baby and the buggy and there are too many steps (it's a steep and narrow path). We reach an impasse for a while. DS is crying. I change tactics and offer lots of encouragement. DS responds. Once moving he remembers he is cross with the baby and again I am the shield.

The playground is empty. The baby likes the swing, but then wants to go on the baby slide. Jaded gets a go on the slide too, because DS is still annoyed. Time for home.

Mr J has chewed an entire packet of Entrocalms and decides he feels well enough for a haircut so that he 'doesn't look like a terrorist'. He takes the baby. DS has lunch while I deal with the shopping and the second load of washing. He forgets to be annoyed with anyone.

Bliss: 20 minutes to surf the net. There has been a hilarious misinterpretation of something I wrote in an email and someone (who was not at the meeting where I discussed this) has gone off demanding action without checking with me first. I spend the entire 20 minutes contacting people to explain. This involves admitting to everyone that my nursery school child hoovered up a bowl of water and blew the electrics at home. Nothing whatsoever to do with the school at which I'm a governor. Fortunately the situation is retrieved without too much damage, except to my reputation (which is already tarnished).

Mr J is not well enough to do the school pick up and take them swimming. I note the fudge is unopened in the nursery and wave at my friend as she comes into the playground as we're on our way out. 'Have you been asleep?', I ask. She nods.

At home Mr J has got the pressure cooker out and is making a tagine. We make Thank You cards for various teachers, TAs and Nursery Nurses. Feed everybody, do a boy's bath night. Miraculously everybody is in bed by 8pm. Mr J goes to work.

And that is Day One of my DS's summer holiday. Every single word true. I'm behind with the washing.

ROTFLMSO!!! :lol:

Well, I have 2 things to say...Wow! that orange juice really worked wonders on Mr J and secondly, now you should ask him to poor you a 'freshly' made orange juice and vodka!!! :wine:

Oh wait, he's in work! Darn it!!! LOL

I hope tomorrow goes better for you. >:D<<'>

Edited by Tylers-mum

So a nice, quiet day then...

I've actually had a fairly quiet one today; but the weekend was HELL. Do not want to relive it now, but I'll gladly join you in the :wine::wine::wine:

Never mind, hen, only 5 weeks and four days to go...

L&P

BD :D

I would join you but I've unfortunately run out of :wine: (Very careless of me I know, must get my priorities right. I was in Morrisons today and only bought bread and marmite).

So I'll toast you with my hot chocolate :cheers: and say congratulations for making it through the holidays thus far. :clap:

K

HOLIDAY - FIRST DAY

Three sons organise competition to see who can shout out a male part of the anatomy (beginning with P) the loudest.

Dog howls like 'hound of the baskervilles' at every ambulance that goes by (two ambulance stations within half mile of house).

HOLIDAY - SECOND DAY

Neighbour puts up 'For Sale' sign.

Ooooops!

Barefoot

Guest flutter

brill

i am larfing so much have tears

but will be me soooon.........................

tc all

Cx

B) .............Excellent Jaded, I,d love to tell of my first day of the hols, but I don,t think I could relive it........might try later.

Day Two, quiet. Day Three, we went to a special needs playscheme. Apart from not wanting to wear any clothes, or take part in any activities, all went fine.

Day Four (today). I'm trying to work out why we have no hot water. The pilot light on the boiler has gone out and won't just turn back on.

It's pouring with rain and the bathmats I hung out yesterday and forgot about are going to break the washing line. Better go and do that.