Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

LEA

so i am at tribunal with our LEA 2 weeks today over parts 2 and 3 of mikes statement.

so what do they do?

They send a letter 2nd class post to my PARENTS ADDRESS, (how they got that i dont know apart from they are emergency contact for the kids) saying that they WILL include the private psych dx of AS but on part 3 they want to put that the involvement from outside agencies is necessary eg CAMHS when mike has settled in school to see if his placement is still appropriate.

erm no i dont think so and neither does IPSEA, they have told me there is no need for "conditions" on mikes placement to be included in his statement.

im just waiting for my rep to tell me what to write back to them.

do you know what, i actually WANT to go to tribunal, this will be the 3rd time now a date has been set and they are robbing me of my say :lol:

i dont understand why send it to my parents?

so i emailed the boss just to "remind" her of my address and to ask that they do not send any further communication to my parents house.

Not got much helpful stuff to say - just wanted to say good luck and I so see why you want your day 'in court' with them...LEAs are gits, they really are. They're not likely to win though, really, are they.

Have you searched previous decisions database on SENDIST? I found it really helpful when preparing my son's appeal (even though LEA gave in and pulled out eventually) as it sort of made me see how likely it was I was going to win by looking at similar cases and then I felt better about sticking to my guns!

ipsea have told me its not worth going to tribunal over the lea saying they will monitor the appropriate place of M in the independent school.

so i have to inform sendist that i am withdrawing my appeal.

just one question for anyone who knows, the letter says the lea will amend m,s statement and will issue a new one within 8 weeks, does this mean that

they WILL actually do this if they have written it or can they get out of doing it?

Why are you withdrawing? I thought you were very justified in wanting his true diagnosis on his statement? What did ipsea actually say?

lea have agreed to put the private dx of AS alongside the nhs one of PDD, which is the main reason we were going to tribunal.

in another part it says that they will "monitor the appropriateness of the placement" but ipsea say that this is done anyway at the annual

review and as im happy with the private dx going on theres not much point going to tribunal for this one thing.

if they have written to me saying they are going to include private dx in part 2 and they will issue a new statement within 8 weeks, is that it,

or can they wheedle out of it?

thanks teachermum. i was just a bit confused and im sure ipsea wouldnt have said to not go if it wasnt ok!!!!!

just me being panicky!!!!

they havent said what the exact wording will be just that they will include the private and nhs dx but as long as its on thats all that counts.

Why do they need 8 weeks to put it on the document!!!

When we went to tribunnal they LEA decided to give us what we wanted but we had it all in the statement before we withdraw our appeal.

If fact they type up his statement emailed it to us we ammended it and than we all agreed on the final one.

Keep strong

Jen

Personally I wouldn't withdraw the appeal until the LEA produced the statement. There's no way they need 8 weeks, 2 weeks is ample time. Tell the LEA you'll withdraw the appeal when you get a copy of the proposed change.

oh no, now im really confused.

ipsea have said that they will not come to the tribunal for the part 3c that i dont want as it is usually included and sorted out at an annual review.

so, if they dont produce the final statement before monday then i shall have to go and represent myself, oh im so not looking forward to that.

how can i get them to give me the final statement before the tribunal on monday?

if i email them will that look like im a bit desperate or would it not matter?

can someone advise?

thanks a panicking jen!!!!!!!

Jen - have the LEA written to Sendist to give them the details of the amendments they are going to make? They are required to do this in an appeal aginst parts 2 and 3, when they have conceded before the hearing. It's then safe to assume that the appeal is decided in your favour, and therefore at an end. Check with the Sendist clerk who is dealing with your case.

Kx

have phoned sendist and they havent received anything, she has advised me not to withdraw the appeal.

she said they could concede tomorrow and that after 2 years of fighting them i really dont want to give up at this last stage.

she advised me to email the lea teling them that as they havent produced a final amended statement that we are continuing with the

tribunal which i have, now i just have to wait and see what happens, the ball is in their court.

they have dropped out at the last 24 hours twice before now so im hoping that this is what they will do.

got a phonecall from lea sen team manger about 11am, she said that 2 people are working on the amended statement and it should be emailed to me

this afternoon, that gives me time to glance over it, email back what i think and hopefully the tribunal will be avoided, she said she,d spoken to sendist,

im hoping they give me what we want after 2 years of fighting them.

she was actually very nice and polite on the phone, she,s usually quite sarcastic and patronising!!!!!

(wonder if thats anything to do with me copying the exec director of the council in on the email i sent her??????????????????)